Lift priority button combo - urban myth or truth?

Started by Martinus, April 03, 2010, 07:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try, but if it fails, that doesn't say much.

grumbler

Quote from: alfred russel on April 05, 2010, 02:30:30 PM
To see if it works? If I'm a cop needing to get to floor 20 quickly, I'd not only want to avoid skipping picking up new people, but also letting out people pressing intermediate floors. If there is an override, my guess is it would override everything.
Cops and firemen have keys that activate the express mode (and lock out all other calls until the key is taken out).

I am trying to think of what anyone would imagine to be the motive for an elevator company to implement this feature, and failing.  Those of you believe in this, can you explain why you would think an elevator manufacturer would pay to include this feature?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on April 05, 2010, 02:34:22 PM
I guess it wouldn't hurt to try, but if it fails, that doesn't say much.

I just tried it and it failed.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

I'm 5 for 5 today. :yeah:  Two of those times I didn't even press the door close button.

Jaron

Quote from: grumbler on April 05, 2010, 02:38:26 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 05, 2010, 02:30:30 PM
To see if it works? If I'm a cop needing to get to floor 20 quickly, I'd not only want to avoid skipping picking up new people, but also letting out people pressing intermediate floors. If there is an override, my guess is it would override everything.
Cops and firemen have keys that activate the express mode (and lock out all other calls until the key is taken out).

I am trying to think of what anyone would imagine to be the motive for an elevator company to implement this feature, and failing.  Those of you believe in this, can you explain why you would think an elevator manufacturer would pay to include this feature?

Feature?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

I have a new experiment.  When on an elevator sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" while doing a dance and see if that prevents the elevator from stopping.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2010, 03:16:27 PM
I have a new experiment.  When on an elevator sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" while doing a dance and see if that prevents the elevator from stopping.
Doesn't work, it stopped after 10 minutes.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on April 05, 2010, 03:21:26 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2010, 03:16:27 PM
Doesn't work, it stopped after 10 minutes.

New Experiment.  Do people get on the elevator when you are singing and dancing or do they just wait for the next one?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

I like to pass gas while the elevator door is shut and it is in motion.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2010, 05:03:46 PM
I like to pass gas while the elevator door is shut and it is in motion.

That'll teach'em.

sbr

I don't think I have told this here, if I have tough crap I think it is funny.

I was working in an office building; I was on the top floor so when the empty elevator showed up I knew it was going down so I jumped right in and hit the button for the ground floor.  Just as the doors closed I realized that someone had left behind the worst smelling fart ever.  Needless to say the elevator went down one floor where three of the hottest gals in the building get on, with me alone in an elevator smelling like I had shit my pants.  I tried to explain, I don't think they believed me.  :Embarrass:

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on April 05, 2010, 05:33:13 PM
I don't think I have told this here, if I have tough crap I think it is funny.

I was working in an office building; I was on the top floor so when the empty elevator showed up I knew it was going down so I jumped right in and hit the button for the ground floor.  Just as the doors closed I realized that someone had left behind the worst smelling fart ever.  Needless to say the elevator went down one floor where three of the hottest gals in the building get on, with me alone in an elevator smelling like I had shit my pants.  I tried to explain, I don't think they believed me.  :Embarrass:

:lol:

I like to leave farts that stick to areas. I never signed the landmine ban.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

Somehow I'm guessing if you tried this in an 50 story building it's not gonna work.

Razgovory

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 05, 2010, 06:07:04 PM
Somehow I'm guessing if you tried this in an 50 story building it's not gonna work.

Why is the mechanics of passing gas different at high altitudes?

sbr

Less atmospheric pressure, the stink dissipates much quicker.