News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehrie

So correct me if I'm wrong, ties mean the attacker, in this case me, has to retreat?

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on June 19, 2009, 11:43:12 AM
So correct me if I'm wrong, ties mean the attacker, in this case me, has to retreat?

You're half right. 

Quote from: 16.27. Declare Winner: The side scoring the most hits is declared the
winner of the battle. In the case of a tie, the defender is declared the
winner.
Quote from: 16.2If the combat occurred in a sea
zone, the loser retreats to an adjacent port under its control or an
adjacent sea zone that is free of enemy naval units.

So yes, the defender wins and the attacker has to retreat.  However:
Quote from: 16.2The active player is always considered
the attacker in a naval combat.

So Del is the attacker, the loser, and must retreat.

ehrie

Well, that works then. I'll have my move up in an hour or so when I can take a break.

ehrie

England: Play Card as Event
#16: 2 / Calvin

Message from England:
Another leader bites the dust.
1/2 Move my fleet back to the North Sea. Tamas may intercept.
2/2 1 Merc in London moves to Bristol

once Tamas decides what he wants to do I'll post a file.

Tamas

Message from France:
Trying to intercept into North Sea

Request: 6-sided die x 4

Message from France:
Battle of North Sea, first 2 dice are the English ones

Me being teh defender I stay in North Sea. But -does the English feet get destroyed due to receiving a single hit and being the loser?

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

ehrie

Quote from: Berkut on June 19, 2009, 03:36:35 PM
Yep.

Glug, glug, glug.

What makes you think that? It's a tie and thus I retreat according to the rules ulmont posted earlier.

Berkut

Quote from: ehrie on June 19, 2009, 03:41:15 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 19, 2009, 03:36:35 PM
Yep.

Glug, glug, glug.
What makes you think that? It's a tie and thus I retreat according to the rules ulmont posted earlier.

Indeed you do retreat.

But the loser of the fight has to take any odd hits as another loss. So you lose 1 squadron.

0 rows returned

ehrie

God I can't believe I lost my whole navy this frakin turn.  File coming shortly.

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Used Papal Bullto call a debate in England. Had two 3 value debaters up against one another, Pope won 2-0 to flip a couple English spaces. File sent. I think I forgot to put the debaters back, if someone could do that on the next file.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Published a treatise, converted Avignon, sent file, over to Ottomans.

Protestants pass out the rest of the turn.

Habbaku

File out.  The Ottomans raise another naval squadron in Scutari with Surprise Attack's CPs (see why I wanted a land battle so badly?).

Del's up.  England's soon to be down to one card, then we should be able to work together to snatch a key from them and extend the game.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on June 22, 2009, 09:19:58 AM
File out.  The Ottomans raise another naval squadron in Scutari with Surprise Attack's CPs (see why I wanted a land battle so badly?).

Jesus H Christ. In hindsight, I cut my losses quite handily by surrendering Vienna then.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan