And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: ulmont on June 08, 2009, 01:38:48 PM
Henry loses 2 dudes and takes Antwerp.

Tamas is up, but I think Berkut can assume he's passing (especially since he didn't even bother to confirm he passed last round).

I did say I pass last round.  :huh: And I pass now again.

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on June 08, 2009, 01:50:16 PM
I did say I pass last round.  :huh: And I pass now again.

So you did, so you do.

Berkut

Play a 3CP card to accomplish nothing at all.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Successfully assaulted Trier, then built a couple of mercs in Brandenberg.

Back to the Ottomans.

Delirium

Quote from: ehrie on June 08, 2009, 01:09:57 PMThere's two things Del hates. People who are intolerant of other cultures and the treacherous Dutch.

Right about the second part, but the first part is not the way I intend my signature to be interpreted.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Anti-climactic sack of Vienna--the city finally falls.

I also started the rebuilding of my navy on the off-chance the game goes another turn.  Unless the Habsburgs can take an electorate or Berkut manages to convert some spaces, things are looking grim.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

I don't think I've ever played a game of Here I Stand where so much of France was converted.

Delirium

Since most of you don't seem interested in doing anything to keep the game going except for what gives them cards and/or victory points I don't see why I should bother. But then I remembered it's been this way from the beginning so what the hell.

2 cp card, first moves Charles to Brandenburg with eleven guys. Second builds a merc in Naples.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ehrie

Habbaku

If I had any means of actually aiding the anti-Protestant efforts, I'd have made use of them by now.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Don't worry, I can certainly keep both of them from winning without any help from anyone else! That way my dice have been, they are totally doomed.

After all, my rate of conversion over the last two rounds has been -1 Papal space per 5 CPs spent!

0 rows returned

Berkut

0 rows returned

ulmont

Well, if England is passing, looks like Berkut's up again, to put the nail in my coffin for the turn.

*sigh*

ehrie

Quote from: ulmont on June 08, 2009, 02:50:25 PM
Well, if England is passing, looks like Berkut's up again, to put the nail in my coffin for the turn.

*sigh*

Sigh? What are you sighing about? You've had epic dice all game.

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on June 08, 2009, 02:53:44 PM
Sigh? What are you sighing about? You've had epic dice all game.

1) Berkut or Delirium are going to knock me down to 24 VP.
2) Then you, @#*&^* that you are, are going to hit 25 next turn.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

That and I could have done better if I'd thought more about the League, and timing the New Testaments to all pop at once.