News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on June 07, 2009, 03:57:48 PM
Remind me, did we ever see a healthy Eddie, or is it going to be Mary next turn?

Edward is currently healthy.  Mary becomes a spinster.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

England: Message
Home Card. Dow the Hapsburgs.

4 CP to take Henry, the Duke of Suffolk, & 5+5 to Calais. Then both leaders 6+7 beseige Antwerp. Del may fight. Please. Pretty please.

Habbaku

Unpaid Mercenaries or Mercenaries Grow Restless would be amusing right now.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

Let it be known I wasn't going to war this turn, originally.  Del is a layup in Brandenburg and his Conquest from winning, though.

Berkut

Tamas is probably passing, so we played our HC to exco Calvin and call a debate, which we promptly lost 1-2. Flip yet another French space. No file coming.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Actually, I will send a file. I haven't updated the sapce yet though, of course.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Quote from: ehrie on June 07, 2009, 04:37:23 PM
Let it be known I wasn't going to war this turn, originally.  Del is a layup in Brandenburg and his Conquest from winning, though.

You choose to forget 200k Turks outside Vienna, I will be down to 21 and couldn't win. Your analysis fails.

Two vp's from Antwerp will do it for you though, along with two more English spaces. Attacking Antwerp is an obvious and effective move at this stage and you do it to win, nothing else. I wouldn't want you to develop a consience all of a sudden, that could be troublesome for you.  :P
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ehrie

Quote from: Delirium on June 08, 2009, 02:11:43 AM
Quote from: ehrie on June 07, 2009, 04:37:23 PM

You choose to forget 200k Turks outside Vienna, I will be down to 21 and couldn't win. Your analysis fails.

Two vp's from Antwerp will do it for you though, along with two more English spaces. Attacking Antwerp is an obvious and effective move at this stage and you do it to win, nothing else. I wouldn't want you to develop a consience all of a sudden, that could be troublesome for you.  :P

:pope:

ulmont

Protestant: Play Card as Operations
#80: 1 / Gabelle Revolt

Message from Protestant:
Free French space is Marseilles.

1+3 from Mainz walk over to Trier.

Habbaku

Vienna manages to hold out a bit longer--only 1 hit for each side.

File coming shortly.  Del's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

At least that's good news.

I'll pass this round as well, but I'll probably play next round.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ehrie

England: Play Card as Event

#105: 5 / Treachery

Message from England:
There's two things Del hates. People who are intolerant of other cultures and the treacherous Dutch.

ehrie

No access to a board, can someone update a file and send it out please?

ulmont

Ehrie, you have to roll for Treachery.  I'll do it as part of the update.

Quote105 5 / Treachery
Play against any fortified space that is currently under siege, even a space where a besieging power does not meet the requirements for assault (either because of a lack of a LOC or because of the presence of naval units). Immediately initiate an assault by a besieging power on the units within the fortifications. If after the assault, the besieging units still outnumber the units within, apply these results: all defending units are eliminated; defending leaders are captured; space becomes controlled by besieging power.

ulmont

Henry loses 2 dudes and takes Antwerp.

Tamas is up, but I think Berkut can assume he's passing.