Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Good sir, you are a prophet.
Ottoman: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 9

Message from Ottoman:
Algiers field battle. 6 vs. 3, Habsburg first.

2 hits for each side--Ottoman garrison is wiped out, but the defender wins ties.  Alva is captured and his entire landing force is destroyed.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on May 13, 2009, 06:10:57 PMBut, of course, greasing their palms in order to play events like "Haha, lose 5 troops" is exactly what the huge Habsburg hand size is for.

Perhaps, but it still does not constitute "ganging up". The game continues for the sole reason that I felt like paying for it, nothing else.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on May 13, 2009, 06:12:56 PM
2 hits for each side--Ottoman garrison is wiped out, but the defender wins ties.  Alva is captured and his entire landing force is destroyed.

You're joking.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Per 14.1 :

QuoteAll remaining units and army leaders from the losing power must
retreat...If no legal space exists, all units in that stack are eliminated; any army leaders
present are captured.

Second bullet :

QuoteUnits may not retreat into a sea zone.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Probably the only game in history that doesn't view an eliminated side as the loser of a battle. But I can't argue with dice.

Habbaku

I can only assume we aren't going to get a file, now.

Ehrie's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

That is a dumb as crap rule.

England: Play Card as Event
#79: 3 / Fuggers

Message from England:
Fuggers bring joyness.

On to France.

Tamas

Playing my home card for chateau VP

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations

#65: 4 / A Mighty Fortress

Message from Ottoman:
Playing for CPs :

1/4 - Raise 1 cavalry in Salonika.
2/4 - Raise 1 cavalry in Edirne.
3/4 - Raise 1 cavalry in Sofia.
4/4 - Raise 1 cavalry in Nezh.

File coming.  Del's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

My spring isn't in game file. Del can you correct if your move makes a file necessary? If not I will during my turn.

Delirium

Your Spring is in the game file, you just weren't allowed to ferry more than 5 troopers at a time.

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on May 14, 2009, 12:10:59 PM
My spring isn't in game file. Del can you correct if your move makes a file necessary? If not I will during my turn.

If you look at London and Calais in the SD file Del sent out, 5 units moved from London to Calais, the max allowed across a sea zone in SD.  Exactly what were you expecting?

ehrie

Ah, yup, brain freeze. I realized it after I looked closer.