Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

France: Play Card as Operations
#69: 3 / Auld Alliance

Message from France:
Move Francis and 4+3 from Grenoble to Milan

Last chance, Pope: if you move against Florence, I will take that as an act of truce between us.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on April 21, 2009, 10:00:33 AM

Message from France:

Last chance, Pope: if you move against Florence, I will take that as an act of truce between us.

:boggle:

You move a number of troops into Italy that can have no purpose other than to try to attack me, and then start talking about a truce while the Protestants are running rampant?

Did ehrie hack your account or something?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

I am defending Milan and showing you that I mean business. I will get peace from you this turn, but I would rather do it CP-free for both of us.

Berkut

Wonderful. You sure have shown me that you mean business.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Papacy: Play Card as Event

#13: 2 / Schmalkaldic League

Message from Papacy:
ONCE ONLY MANDATORY EVENT If 12 or more spaces are currently under Protestant religious influence or this is the Winter Phase of Turn 4, the Protestant defense league is formed as specified in 21.6. Protestant spaces in unrest count toward the total of 12. Remove from deck once defense league is formed. If drawn on Turn 5 or later, immediately play and draw replacement

2/2: Build a regular in Rome.

I am going to be a while before I can get the file out with the League formation and such, probably this afternoon sometime.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2009, 10:44:09 AM
I am going to be a while before I can get the file out with the League formation and such, probably this afternoon sometime.

I sent a file around.  I also corrected Zurich's religious status (Zwingli auto-converts it when he comes in), although I forgot to account for my electorate VP.

Everybody take a look, and if that file looks sane I'll go ahead and play.

Habbaku

The file's fine, except that the war between France and the Habsburgs should be ended, now that I look up there.

You should play regardless.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

QuoteProtestant: Play Card as Event
#84: 1 / Julia Gonzaga

If Barbary Pirates has been played, award the Julia Gonzaga marker (1 bonus VP) to the Ottoman player if Piracy later this turn in the Tyrrhenian Sea scores a hit. Remove from deck if played as event.

And let me gently try and guide the Sultan's target a bit, or at least get this worthless card out of my hand.

Habbaku

The exceptional guidance proves useful, methinks...

QuoteOttoman: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 2

Message from Ottoman:
No anti-piracy dice since the Habsburgs aren't at war with me and there are no Papal squadrons that aren't on loan within the zone.

I only get two dice, however, since there is only 1 port to target.

2 hits.  The Papacy have no squadrons to offer up to the corsair gods, so they must either award cards or VPs.  I'll assume 2 VPs (on top of the Gozaga VP).  Julia goes off to the harem...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

My last CP was spent assaulting the Knights, which failed with no hits to either side.

Habsburgs are up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on April 21, 2009, 11:47:34 AM

Message from Ottoman:
No anti-piracy dice since the Habsburgs aren't at war with me and there are no Papal squadrons that aren't on loan within the zone.

2 hits.  The Papacy have no squadrons to offer up to the corsair gods, so they must either award cards or VPs.  I'll assume 2 VPs (on top of the Gozaga VP).  Julia goes off to the harem...

I suggest Berk denies you those VPs!

szmik

Nice game you have there, except for Schmalklandic League faux pas.   :nerd:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on April 21, 2009, 11:57:37 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 21, 2009, 11:47:34 AM

Message from Ottoman:

I suggest Berk denies you those VPs!

Yeah, right. I would, but the French seem to be intent on dancing to the Protestant and Ottoman drummer, so I don't really have much choice.

I am rather astounded that the Protestants would just give the Ottomans a VP though.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on April 21, 2009, 02:08:53 PM
I am rather astounded that the Protestants would just give the Ottomans a VP though.

I'm kind of screwed until you (or, more importantly, Delirium) realize that the Ottomans are a bigger threat than the Protestants.

So...Go Sultan!

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on April 21, 2009, 10:00:33 AM

Message from France:

It sure is a good thing you didn't go and waste a card getting a peace with me.

0 rows returned