Stop the Presses! Study Finds Bullies Pick On Unpopular Kids!

Started by jimmy olsen, March 26, 2010, 01:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

My school was pretty rough.  I got beat up a lot, but not as bad as some.  One kid had his nuts stomped so hard one of his testicles ruptured.  They also forced him down and pissed down his mouth.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2010, 12:46:58 PM
Is that what the seduction community teaches? Tell stories full of bravado?

What the hell is a seduction community?

It sounds like a "How to get laid" self help book for nerds.  :huh:

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 26, 2010, 11:47:36 PM
I never really noticed the cliques/ that seem to epitomize high school to Malthus and most Hollywood screen writers. People had their circles of friends, sure, but those groups were too small to form an outline of the whole school. Course, my school was big enough that I didn't know half the people in my class.

You are destroying yet another fixture of my American myth. :(

But you are not the only one who is saying that. I wonder why the "high school drama" is such a strong genre in American tv and movie productions.

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on March 27, 2010, 02:19:37 AM
One kid had his nuts stomped so hard one of his testicles ruptured.  They also forced him down and pissed down his mouth.

Ouch. Sounds like a date gone bad.

Agelastus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 26, 2010, 11:47:36 PM
I never really noticed the cliques/ that seem to epitomize high school to Malthus and most Hollywood screen writers. People had their circles of friends, sure, but those groups were too small to form an outline of the whole school. Course, my school was big enough that I didn't know half the people in my class.

The cliques were noticeable at my senior school, and in terms of friendships and activities were probably more important than what House (Platt's, Garnes etc.) you were in. Fortunately, none of the cliques were united by such a pathetic common principal as "let's bully somebody" but rather by shared interests and personalities.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on March 27, 2010, 05:15:58 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 27, 2010, 02:19:37 AM
One kid had his nuts stomped so hard one of his testicles ruptured.  They also forced him down and pissed down his mouth.

Ouch. Sounds like a date gone bad.

You'll like this, they did it because they thought he was gay.  Kids name was Kenny.  They took him out of school after that.  Homeschool or private school I guess.  Didn't see him again after that.

I got off easy, the worst someone did to me was break my arm.  Well I suppose that this kind of thing did lead somewhat to me going fucking nuts.  I still have nightmares about that shit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on March 27, 2010, 05:12:46 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2010, 12:46:58 PM
Is that what the seduction community teaches? Tell stories full of bravado?

What the hell is a seduction community?

It sounds like a "How to get laid" self help book for nerds.  :huh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seduction_community
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

QuoteMembers of the seduction community often practice approaching and opening repetitively; some have done thousands of approaches. Strauss describes a pickup artist who did 125 approaches in one day.[

So their secret apparently is "Keep trying and eventually you'll luck out."  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Lucidor on March 27, 2010, 07:39:04 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 27, 2010, 07:23:55 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seduction_community
That's funny.

I think I read somewhere that David Faustino was part of the community. Apparently he had as much trouble finding women in real life as he had as Bud Bundy on Married With Children.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on March 27, 2010, 08:08:18 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 27, 2010, 08:01:06 AM
I find Married with Children about unwatchable now.

Move on from VHS, gramps.

I'm still on Betamax and Laserdisc, you punk kid.

ulmont

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 27, 2010, 08:12:10 AM

Laserdisc?  Luxury!  We had "videodiscs" or "CED"s (basically a video record player):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitance_Electronic_Disc

Ed Anger

Quote from: ulmont on March 27, 2010, 08:14:54 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 27, 2010, 08:12:10 AM

Laserdisc?  Luxury!  We had "videodiscs" or "CED"s (basically a video record player):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitance_Electronic_Disc

I don't even remember that format.  :blush: