News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by jimmy olsen, March 10, 2009, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 29, 2009, 08:13:25 PM
Ah, OK, got my Pirates from the Annual Pittsburgh Fire Sale mixed up.
Freddy Sanchez ain't no fucking slouch, man.  An excellent player.  Great D, smacks the ball around very well, hits for average, still speedy at 31.

Once again, the Pirates show why the Orioles management is only the 2nd worst in the majors.

You're forgetting Royals management. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 01, 2009, 06:45:12 AMRemember, you don't have to deal with Red Sox fans anymore. Sports enjoyment increases the further away from New England sports teams.
Princesca pointed that out to me also.  My hatred of the Red Sox was deeply personal.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 29, 2009, 08:13:25 PM
Once again, the Pirates show why the Orioles management is only the 2nd worst in the majors.

You are spoiled.  Andy MacPhail is one of the best execs in the game.  The Bedard deal was brilliant, and was further enhanced by trading Sherrill at the height of his perceived trade value for some real talent.   That outfield already looks scary, and there is a ton of pitching in the high minors on the way in. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

sbr

Quote from: rotoworldAdrian Beltre was placed on the 15-day disabled list Thursday with an injured testicle, the Associated Press reports.

Spin: Guys, you might not want to read the details on this one. Beltre took a one-hopper to the groin area in the ninth inning Wednesday, yet managed to play out the remainder of the 14-inning game. However, he may now need surgery due to bleeding in the testicle, which would put him out indefinitely.

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 03, 2009, 12:39:23 PM
You are spoiled.

Orioles fans?  Spoiled?  You are aware the birds are about to bless us with a 12th consecutive losing season right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Nice comeback by the Red Sox. :)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

Tim's definitely a glass half full guy.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

What a massacre! Penny is horrible. :weep:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

At least it's football season again Tim.  Take heart.  I give the Royals my love for 4 months after they drop below .500. Granted I'll still follow their pathetic attempts, but...  It always seems to line up with the start of football.  They never fail me in that regard at least. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ed Anger

I just saw the footage of people getting married at Fenway. Vomit.

Might as well get married in a port-a-potty.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

The Red Sox are circling the bowl like a turd yearning for freedom.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: sbr on August 22, 2009, 10:29:23 AM
They definitely look off their game today.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

jimmy olsen

What a massacre! AJ Burnett is horrible! :w00t:

1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

sbr

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on August 22, 2009, 06:16:34 PM
Quote from: sbr on August 22, 2009, 10:29:23 AM
They definitely look off their game today.

Yep, what is the saying about the sun and a dog's backside?