News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball

Started by jimmy olsen, March 10, 2009, 10:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 22, 2009, 08:15:42 AM
I just saw the footage of people getting married at Fenway. Vomit.

Might as well get married in a port-a-potty.
What?  I mean, come on, you can get the Got the Globe guy* who stands in front of Yawkey station to be an usher.  How cool would that be?

* "GAWT DA GLOWB!  GLOWB HEAH!  MAHNING GLOWB IS HEAH!  GAWT DA GLOWB!"
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 23, 2009, 03:07:31 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 22, 2009, 08:15:42 AM
I just saw the footage of people getting married at Fenway. Vomit.

Might as well get married in a port-a-potty.
What?  I mean, come on, you can get the Got the Globe guy* who stands in front of Yawkey station to be an usher.  How cool would that be?

* "GAWT DA GLOWB!  GLOWB HEAH!  MAHNING GLOWB IS HEAH!  GAWT DA GLOWB!"

Thanks for the reminder of why I despise Boston.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 22, 2009, 07:37:32 PM
What a massacre! AJ Burnett is horrible! :w00t:

And the Sox drop the series again  . . .
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

MadImmortalMan

Why are the Padres wearing camo?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

dps

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 24, 2009, 01:20:47 PM
Why are the Padres wearing camo?

If you were as bad as they are, wouldn't you want to be hidden?  :D

Valmy

Quote from: dps on July 29, 2009, 07:39:19 PM
Missed this earlier.  Just off the top of my head:  Ray Schalk, Eddie Collins, Walter Johnson, Pete Alexander, Ty Cobb

Common household names of course.

Ok maybe Ty Cobb, but Shoeless Joe is still on a different plane.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Just heard on NPR that a Met pulled an unassisted triple play last night, only the 20th in history.  Only the 2nd time that one has ended a game.  Extra delicious irony: same player committed two errors to put runners on 1st and 2nd, man on 1st was the go ahead run.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 24, 2009, 03:08:01 PM
Just heard on NPR that a Met pulled an unassisted triple play last night, only the 20th in history.  Only the 2nd time that one has ended a game.  Extra delicious irony: same player committed two errors to put runners on 1st and 2nd, man on 1st was the go ahead run.
First of all it was a Philly who did it to the Mets.

Secondly, who the hell gets their baseball news from NPR? You don't get ESPN in Iowa?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 24, 2009, 03:58:14 PM
You don't get ESPN in Iowa?

ESPN sucks, they have already crowned Florida the 2009 College Football champion.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

First of all it was a Philly who did it to the Mets.
That makes sense.  Playing in Queens, ended the game.

QuoteSecondly, who the hell gets their baseball news from NPR? You don't get ESPN in Iowa?
People who listen to NPR?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2009, 04:04:27 PM
You don't get ESPN in Iowa?

ESPN sucks, they have already crowned Florida the 2009 College Football champion.
Well the local sports channel then, there are a hundred media options to follow sports before you get to NPR.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

John Smoltz pitched great for the Cards yesterday, of course the Padres are arely a major-league line-up at the moment.

If Dave Duncan can work his magic on Smoltzy he will add a lot to the Cards bullpen in the playoffs. :yeah:

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 24, 2009, 03:08:01 PM

You get your sports news from NPR?   

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: / :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on August 24, 2009, 04:46:05 PM
You get your sports news from NPR?   

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: / :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

No reason to watch dedicated sports news shows when there's no football being played. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on August 24, 2009, 04:20:02 PM
John Smoltz pitched great for the Cards yesterday, of course the Padres are arely a major-league line-up at the moment.

If Dave Duncan can work his magic on Smoltzy he will add a lot to the Cards bullpen in the playoffs. :yeah:

I don't understand why he didn't do well here. His velocity was decent, 92mph.

1 Karma Chameleon point