And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama Bows to Saudi King

Started by derspiess, April 08, 2009, 10:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on April 08, 2009, 12:14:17 PM
QFT.

And the lefties are trying to prove they can be even more uncritically accepting of Der Leader than the conservitards.

I just wish everybody would shut the fuck up for a few minutes.  Aren't we supposed to wait a bit before the insanity begins all over again?  Yes the left sucks, yes the right sucks.  Everybody is evil and totally corrupt is you believe the shrill bullshit.  I mean is labeling every leader the love child of Darth Vader and Satan really productive?  Is our republic really helped by this childish nonsense?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on April 08, 2009, 12:17:51 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 08, 2009, 12:14:17 PM
QFT.

And the lefties are trying to prove they can be even more uncritically accepting of Der Leader than the conservitards.

I just wish everybody would shut the fuck up for a few minutes.  Aren't we supposed to wait a bit before the insanity begins all over again?  Yes the left sucks, yes the right sucks.  Everybody is evil and totally corrupt is you believe the shrill bullshit.  I mean is labeling every leader the love child of Darth Vader and Satan really productive?  Is our republic really helped by this childish nonsense?

I dunno - it seems to have worked pretty well for the last....200 years or so.

Absent Washington, this has been how it works. Hell, they accused Adams of secretly wanting to hand the country back to the British!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

saskganesh

Quote from: derspiess on April 08, 2009, 12:10:09 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 08, 2009, 12:02:09 PM
The "left". Hardly.

She's often quite critical of her own side, but I don't see how you can't consider her to be on the left.

agree, she's a registered democract, who voted for obama and clinton. and nader.
humans were created in their own image

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on April 08, 2009, 12:27:21 PM

Absent Washington, this has been how it works. Hell, they accused Adams of secretly wanting to hand the country back to the British!

That is different.  They did that during elections where it belongs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on April 08, 2009, 12:29:24 PM

Uhh, negative. Adams was hammered throughout his entire term.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

saskganesh

re uncritically accepting obama:

if one went to other internet echo chambers, one would see quite a number of issues where the left is debating obama policies among themselves.

humans were created in their own image

Sheilbh

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2009, 12:00:06 PM
*shrug* Well, he is a Muslim. :P
Muslims don't bow.  It's a European way of honouring a monarch :)
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

What was Obama supposed to do, piss off the people who run our economy?

Queequeg

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 08, 2009, 12:33:54 PM
And East Asian.

What is the Muslim equivalent?  Sitting on both knees as in Muslim prayer?   
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Queequeg on April 08, 2009, 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 08, 2009, 12:33:54 PM
And East Asian.

probably exploding or decapitation

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on April 08, 2009, 12:32:22 PMUhh, negative. Adams was hammered throughout his entire term.

Yeah maybe it is just the 24 hour news stations being on everywhere I go that is getting to me.  I wouldn't have had to deal with that in 1797.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Berkut on April 08, 2009, 12:32:22 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 08, 2009, 12:29:24 PM

Uhh, negative. Adams was hammered throughout his entire term.
He was a crypto-Jacobite. 
PDH!

Sheilbh

And East Asian.

I believe Muslims (or Arabs) kiss the monarch's hand as we do the Pope but I'm not sure.  And South East Asian way of honouring monarchs was to be kneeling at all points in their presence.

So, in fact Obama made a faux pas.  It's giftgate all over again :p
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

I think they throw shoes :unsure:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on April 08, 2009, 12:17:51 PM

You're overreacting.

But anyway, I waited 8 long years to be in the opposition & pelt the leader/party in power with spitballs.  Don't deny me this :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall