News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama Bows to Saudi King

Started by derspiess, April 08, 2009, 10:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Not sure how the hell I missed this, but thankfully Camille was nice enough to make sure I saw it:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2009/04/08/bow/index.html

Video is halfway down.

Boy, I just love my community organizer president!!  :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Wow I am so very OUTRAGED...oh wait I don't give a shit.

We have been groveling at the feet of our Saudi masters instead of putting together a decent national energy plan for so long what difference does it make if we bow?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

vinraith

Conservatives would get more upset about symbolic obsequiousness than the real obsequiousness we've been showing the Saudis for decades, wouldn't they?

Malthus

The video ends before Obama bends over, the Saudi king hikes his robes, and the Marti-approved orgy begins.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on April 08, 2009, 10:33:35 AM
The video ends before Obama bends over, the Saudi king hikes his robes, and the Marti-approved orgy begins.  :P

:lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: vinraith on April 08, 2009, 10:33:22 AM
Conservatives would get more upset about symbolic obsequiousness than the real obsequiousness we've been showing the Saudis for decades, wouldn't they?

Tell that to Camille :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Fireblade

Quote from: derspiess on April 08, 2009, 10:41:35 AM

Who the fuck is Camille and why should we care?

derspiess

Quote from: Fireblade on April 08, 2009, 11:07:16 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 08, 2009, 10:41:35 AM

Who the fuck is Camille and why should we care?

Because she's on the left.

Google "Camille Paglia" if you don't know who she is.  Or just ask garbon.

Barrister

Is bowing to a foreign head of state supposed to be a bad thing?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eochaid

He bowed to Queen Elizabeth too... I fail to see the problem

Kevin
It's been a while

fhdz

Quote from: derspiess on April 08, 2009, 11:18:22 AM
Because she's on the left.

Google "Camille Paglia" if you don't know who she is.  Or just ask garbon.

Camille Paglia isn't your standard leftist in any way. :D
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Man this growing list of Faux outrage is getting annoying.  OMG he gave the queen an Ipod!  OMG he talked to the Russians!  OMG he bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 08, 2009, 11:22:18 AM
Is bowing to a foreign head of state supposed to be a bad thing?

Everything Obama says generates outrage by his opponents.  It is beyond retarded.  I am suffering from idiot fatique.  After 8 years of Clinton and 8 years of Bush I just cannot take more of these rants over stupid things nobody cares about.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2009, 11:25:41 AM
Man this growing list of Faux outrage is getting annoying.  OMG he gave the queen an Ipod!  OMG he talked to the Russians!  OMG he bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia.
Conservative loonies have to show they can out-loon the Leftist loonies, who have had a lot of practice the past eight years.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.