And we're back!

Main Menu

The End of Christian America

Started by Eochaid, April 08, 2009, 05:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on April 09, 2009, 08:45:38 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2009, 08:24:21 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 08, 2009, 07:18:19 PMSee, Catholicism isn't that bad.  Their willingness to compromise every one of their principles in an effort to be accepted is commendable.  That's why I don't get all the bitching about condoms and abortion from the Church.

The Church wants to increase the number of Catholics.
Then again, I guess it depends on who the Church is going for.  To increase their flock in North America, they need to say 'Yay condoms!'.  On the other hand, Africans hate condoms.
Why would you want your followers to suffer from various stages of a lethal disease, though?

Martinus

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 09, 2009, 01:14:58 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 08, 2009, 04:01:01 PM
  Today there are more active Christians in China than in Europe (and the number appears to be growing rapidly),

Christianity is even on the rise in a number of arab countries. Algeria for example has seen a boom (heh) in it's numbers of christians. And mostly young people at that too. Only question is how long they'll remain christian and wether or not they can expand their numbers further.
Still, it's not like these are secular humanists converting to Christianity there. Of the two evils, I'd rather have more Christians than more Muslims. It's like going from childhood to puberty.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on April 09, 2009, 08:52:05 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 09, 2009, 08:45:38 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2009, 08:24:21 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 08, 2009, 07:18:19 PMSee, Catholicism isn't that bad.  Their willingness to compromise every one of their principles in an effort to be accepted is commendable.  That's why I don't get all the bitching about condoms and abortion from the Church.

The Church wants to increase the number of Catholics.
Then again, I guess it depends on who the Church is going for.  To increase their flock in North America, they need to say 'Yay condoms!'.  On the other hand, Africans hate condoms.
Why would you want your followers to suffer from various stages of a lethal disease, though?
It's not ideal, but Africans hate condoms anyways, so what difference does it make?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2009, 07:39:00 AM
Quote from: The Nickname Who Was Thursday on April 08, 2009, 07:28:04 AM
Relying on the goodness of people's hearts to keep them from doing bad things to each other is a losing proposition; we need fear of external consequences. In the modern world, we have government for that, so religion is losing its power.
:yes: People are animals. :mad:

:yeahright:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 09, 2009, 06:15:56 AM
Would Martinus be less a whiny bitch if he wasn't gay?

Oddly enough, I think he'd be more like garbon if he wasn't gay. He'd still gripe about stuff but not care enough about anything to go into deep hysterical mode.
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

Martinus

I would have directed my ire at whiny emo wastes-of-oxygen like yourself, instead.

Neil

Quote from: The Nickname Who Was Thursday on April 09, 2009, 10:34:16 AM

Oddly enough, I think he'd be more like garbon if he wasn't gay. He'd still gripe about stuff but not care enough about anything to go into deep hysterical mode.
Disagree.  He'd be even more ferociously anti-American.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on April 09, 2009, 10:35:42 AM
I would have directed my ire at whiny emo wastes-of-oxygen like yourself, instead.

:ike:

You're the gay lawyer here. Who's wasting oxygen now?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Holy shit. In a Martinus- Gay Fox slapfight, I don't know who to root for.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

Quote from: Neil on April 09, 2009, 10:35:53 AM

Perhaps. But he'd have one less thing to hate us for.
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

Neil

Quote from: The Nickname Who Was Thursday on April 09, 2009, 10:43:20 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 09, 2009, 10:35:53 AM

Perhaps. But he'd have one less thing to hate us for.
Wrong.  As a Polish Catholic, he'd hate American fag-enablers.

Maximus

My guess is he'd be a Neo-Nazi.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 09, 2009, 10:42:36 AM

There can be no winners, only tears.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: The Nickname Who Was Thursday on April 09, 2009, 10:34:16 AM

But I'm the actually gay one. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 09, 2009, 11:08:12 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 09, 2009, 10:42:36 AM

There can be no winners, only tears.

However, his tears would be a biohazard, while yours would be bitter emo tears.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive