Main Menu

I reenlisted for 3 more years

Started by Siege, March 18, 2010, 02:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: Hansmeister on March 24, 2010, 04:53:24 PM
Actually the pay is very good, particularly if you adjust for the different tax treatments.  My adjusted pay is equal to $83,000 in the civilian sector, and this of course does not count healthcare and retirement benefits.  Plus I qualify for some other benefits such as a $300 per month childcare subsidy, etc.

How many years of experience to get that?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 24, 2010, 10:05:47 AM
This reminds me, I will hit my 20 years of reserve time in 3 years, I feel old now, thank you.
:nelson:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

AnchorClanker

As far as I know, grumbler is the ranking officer on the board (USN Commander)

I'll be leaving in the fall as an E-6 (Petty Officer First Class)
My new rank will be "Mr."
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Josquius

Quote from: AnchorClanker on March 25, 2010, 03:34:26 PM

I'll be leaving in the fall as an E-6 (Petty Officer First Class)
My new rank will be "Mr."
A much better rank  :bowler:
██████
██████
██████

AnchorClanker

Yes, I think so.  It's been a good run, but it's time for me to go before I become an admin drone.

Malthus

Quote from: AnchorClanker on March 25, 2010, 03:34:26 PM

He was even higher ranked in the Carthaginian navy.

[Languish memes never grow old!  :D ]

QuoteMy new rank will be "Mr."

Sounds more like someone changing gender than changing rank.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

AnchorClanker

Nah, just the sunnier climes of civvie-dom.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: AnchorClanker on March 25, 2010, 03:39:07 PM
Yes, I think so.  It's been a good run, but it's time for me to go before I become an admin drone.

You could recreate the entire incubator episode from MASH as a  Admin drone.

Hawkeye: [regarding the requisition of the incubator being denied] We're not asking for a jukebox or a pizza oven.
    Captain Sloan: Oh, those I can let you have.
    Henry: No kidding! Hey, those would be great on movie nights. You got any pizza requisition forms?
    Captain Sloan: Just use the standard S stroke 1798 and write in "Pizza" where it says "Machine Gun".

Alcibiades

Oh yeah I forgot about Grumbler.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Barrister

Grumbler was a Commander?

I had no idea.  For some reason I thought he was enlisted.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.