News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Toxic Multiculturalism

Started by Grallon, March 12, 2010, 12:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Here's another exemple of the deleterious effects of Canada's multiculturalism.  It was reported a couple of weeks ago that a niqab wearing egyptian woman was expelled from a Montreal college after refusing to attend classes without her niqab http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/niqab-wearing-woman-kicked-out-of-quebec-class-again/article1495112/.  As the article states she was expelled a second time after attending another institution and refusing again to take off her niqab.

However what the Globe doesn't report is that her first expulsion followed months - months - of attempts to placate her (from march 2009 to november 2009) by the college's authorities.  She was intransigent; to the point where she demanded the men attending the french classes do not look at her!

Here's a juicy quote:

QuoteSeveral commentators as well as certain Muslim groups expressed support for the Quebec's government's position last week.

They argued Naema had been unreasonable in her demands, which reportedly included giving oral presentations with her back facing the co-ed class.

"She's devastated," Mr. Majzoub said. "This woman was insisting on being part of Quebec society, on integrating."

If the bitch wants to integrate she can start by taking off her 'slave collar'.  <_<

-----

Yesterday the Globe followed with a piece of opinion entitled "Intolerant intrusion"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/intolerant-intrusion/article1497006/  - in which, in typically canadian manner, that is to say pretentious and condescending whenever Quebec is the topic, they said:

QuoteMore troubling is the involvement of Quebec politicians and bureaucrats. At one point, after a teacher at the school spotted her, provincial officials were alerted; a civil servant and an Arabic translator descended on the school. Ms. Ahmed said that when she saw the Quebec official, she started to cry: "I feel like the government is following me everywhere." It may be practiced in some Arab and west Asian countries, such as the former Taliban regime in Afghanistan, but empowering state agents to enforce dress codes and bar the education of women is hitherto unknown in Canada.

Notice how the Quebec government attempting to have Quebec's laws upheld is obliquely compared to murderous talibans... 

Now if canadians want to wallow in multiculturalism like pigs in their shit - good for them.  Here in Quebec however we attempt to maintain standards of civilization that do not involve regressing towards Third World barbarism.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Josquius

Hmm, I've an Iranian friend trying to emigrate to Quebec.
If they let these types in he should have no bother.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Hey Grallon, if some hot dude you wanted to have sex with wanted your to wear a niqab, would you do it?

BuddhaRhubarb

She shouldn't have moved to PQ.  Quebec is about the least multicultural place in Canada (Unilingual? welcome to the 1880's)
[/angloCanuck Troll] :p

This is a case of a stupid person, making silly demands, not a culture clash! Standing with your back to the class to give a report while wearing a niqab yet? :bleeding:

If your sky god makes you do such stupid things, you deserve all the online mockery you receive.
:p

Fate

How cute. The dirty Quebecois think they're not part of the third world.  :lmfao:

Civilized nations speak English exclusively.

Eddie Teach

While I tend to agree that multiculturalism is a load of hooey, I'm not sure how this example shows that it is "toxic". The woman's demands sprang from her own monoculture, and the school administrators decided against her.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Grallon on March 12, 2010, 12:56:12 PM
Now if canadians want to wallow in multiculturalism like pigs in their shit - good for them. 

Apparently they do since they have ceased trying to crack down on those pesky francophones in Quebec.

The irony here is so thick you could export it in bulk to the Chinese to make steely..
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 12, 2010, 03:14:12 PM
Apparently they do since they have ceased trying to crack down on those pesky francophones in Quebec.

The irony here is so thick you could export it in bulk to the Chinese to make steely..
...dan?

Crazy_Ivan80

yesterday a study was realeased here in support of a ban on islamic headdresses in schools (and state-institutions) on the principle that people wearing these things, and demanding to be allowed to wear them, are in breach of what the author calles the principle of "pacification through secularisation".
Which is basically the same as "keep your fairytales indoors or otherwise inconspicuous if you want us to tolerate them". Other religions have ceased their ostentations displays of faith to the betterment of society, its up to muslims to to do the same.
It's a shame the paper is only available in Dutch though

Sophie Scholl

What about yarmulkes?  Oh, wait, you Euros already solved your problem with those people.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on March 12, 2010, 01:04:27 PM
Can I go to Quebec? :)

Germans used to go to Latin America and Quebec is part of it, in a way so kein problem!

DGuller

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on March 12, 2010, 04:12:04 PM
What about yarmulkes?  Oh, wait, you Euros already solved your problem with those people.
With consderable finality. :yes:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 12, 2010, 03:47:46 PM
yesterday a study was realeased here in support of a ban on islamic headdresses in schools (and state-institutions) on the principle that people wearing these things, and demanding to be allowed to wear them, are in breach of what the author calles the principle of "pacification through secularisation".
Which is basically the same as "keep your fairytales indoors or otherwise inconspicuous if you want us to tolerate them". Other religions have ceased their ostentations displays of faith to the betterment of society, its up to muslims to to do the same.
It's a shame the paper is only available in Dutch though
This logic is completely backwards.  If Dutch people get so incensed at the sight of a hajib they want to beat up the wearer, that's a problem of the Dutch people, not the Moslems.

And keeping fairytales indoors does not address the problem of domestic oppression of women, which is one of the stronger arguments in favor of regulating Muslim practices in Europe

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 12, 2010, 04:31:18 PM
And keeping fairytales indoors does not address the problem of domestic oppression of women, which is one of the stronger arguments in favor of regulating Muslim practices in Europe
Occidental women can be beated/abused by their husbands too.

However, if you let the women wear the complete veil out there, that culture of domestic oppression will keep on growing.  A muslim woman going outside the doors of her house with the veil is shutting herself of the new society.  And everything she lives seems normal, and her daughter(s) are raised the same way.

Without the veil, there is a whole new world.  She talks to other people, she sees other women, her daughter(s) grow up in that kind of world and they became less tolerant of controlling freak, at least, no more than normal occidental women.  Of course, there's always the possibility of honor crimes as we have seem twice in the past 2 years.  But, I think it's better if the veil is out when in public places.

Besides, I'd hate to be served by a barmaid that looks like this:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.