And we're back!

Main Menu

Toxic Multiculturalism

Started by Grallon, March 12, 2010, 12:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on March 18, 2010, 06:42:47 AM
Quote from: Barrister on March 17, 2010, 10:41:38 PM
Somewhat understandable though as a Poland has no indigenous people.
... left.

I guess all the original Poles were replaced by Russians and Germans?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on March 18, 2010, 10:19:46 AM
Quote from: Neil on March 18, 2010, 06:42:47 AM
Somewhat understandable though as a Poland has no indigenous people.
... left.

They are a grunting mixture of the two. One part hates jews, while the other part puts screen doors on their submarines. Also, that part hates jews too.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: Grallon on March 17, 2010, 07:27:39 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 17, 2010, 07:16:19 PM
They aren't real nations, because they aren't represented at the United Nations.

Ah!  Far too may of the 'nations' repesented at the UN aren't nations.  And yet real ones aren't..

G.

The Kurds, Baluchis, Hazara, Tibetans, Uigurs, Sahrawis, not to mention countless tribes in Africa don't have states. While the Sabah family, the Thani family, the Khalifa family, the Saud family, the Mubarak family and the Assad family all seem to have their own seats at the UN.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

BuddhaRhubarb

Interesting how this debate has spiraled into a loggerhead of semantics over one word, that obviously has subtly different meanings depending on where you live.

Never thought I'd see that on Languish :p
:p

The Brain

I find the fiction that Canadian Indians are sovereign both amusing and a bit unsettling.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 18, 2010, 12:18:54 AM
Clearly the international community does in fact the unique position of indigenous nations.

But not as sovereigns.

You can keep repeating that but it doesnt make it so.  That question is one of the things that drives the land claims issue and why modern treaty making is occuring.

Martinus

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 18, 2010, 11:54:53 AM
Interesting how this debate has spiraled into a loggerhead of semantics over one word, that obviously has subtly different meanings depending on where you live.

It's a legal debate. It's like saying that a criminal trial is a "loggerhead of semantics over one word" (namely "guilty").  :rolleyes:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on March 18, 2010, 12:30:43 PM

It's a legal debate. It's like saying that a criminal trial is a "loggerhead of semantics over one word" (namely "guilty").  :rolleyes:

You suck at analogies worse then.... oh wait, you are Marti.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on March 18, 2010, 12:30:43 PM

For a legal debate you haven't given us a single legal citation, by the way.  On the other hand I've quoted the Canadian constitution, the Declaration on Indigenous People, a  link to a cite with many of the leading case names...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on March 18, 2010, 10:19:46 AM
The natives were massacred back in prehistory.  Of course, every single person that is considered 'Polish' these days is actually a Russian.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.