And we're back!

Main Menu

The everything miniatures wargaming thread

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Hey Brain, you ever consider doing your miniatures painting thing for profit?

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2012, 12:51:54 PM
Hey Brain, you ever consider doing your miniatures painting thing for profit?

Please state your painting needs and I'll give you a quote. :)

But seriously... have you seen armies painted by people who can actually paint well? They make me look like a color blind Parkinson's patient. :unsure:

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 22, 2012, 02:36:12 PMI have no art skills.

With your wealth, you could outsource the painting to any of the various paint shops in Sri Lanka or Thailand or China or where ever. Or even pay a premium to have Americans paint them.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on August 22, 2012, 04:58:07 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 22, 2012, 02:36:12 PMI have no art skills.

With your wealth, you could outsource the painting to any of the various paint shops in Sri Lanka or Thailand or China or where ever. Or even pay a premium to have Americans paint them.

Nah.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I ordered the 100 dollar level and will put the minis up until the kids are older. They can paint them as a home art project or something.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Jacob

Yeah, I went in as well.

It's my birthday present :)

The Brain

The SEK is crazy strong right now. Should I place some zany-sized orders for painted terrain etc etc? :hmm:

The Brain

Started painting the horses. Turns out they're almost completely naked, only wearing some revealing BDSM-style outfit.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

OK you've got my interest, recommend me some plastic* generic dungeon/D&D/fantasy figure to have a go at painting ! :gasp:

* I have a load of acrylic paints and no enamel ones, plus I don't want to breath in thinners whilst painting.

The Brain

You can use acrylic paints on metal figures. Granted, with today's plastic ranges you don't have to.

mongers

Quote from: The Brain on September 04, 2012, 01:02:16 PM
You can use acrylic paints on metal figures. Granted, with today's plastic ranges you don't have to.

:thumbsup:

I guess I just fancy painting a few via buying a couple of boxes, rather than having to buy individual metal figures.