News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The everything miniatures wargaming thread

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 16, 2012, 03:58:37 PM
I really like the work on the weapons.  :)

But what's the deal with the one dude in the shamrock jersey? :unsure:

Somewhat lazy semi-random color experiment.

Edit: or if you meant why he doesn't wear livery in the same colors as the bows or bills then that's because I want to keep the men-at-arms generic enough to fit in any army. His colors are presumably his own or those of some minor generic noble.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

Admiral Yi

The Brain

Longbowmen wearing the livery of Lord Fauconberg (can also be used as the Duke of Somerset).

The Brain

And the billmen.

Wow, now all three battles of the army have their basic shit (bills and bows). This means the fun stuff is left, the "extra" stuff that will flesh out the army.

What to do now? This is stuff I already have at home and plan to include in the army:

Artillery piece and crew (remember I already have 1 painted, so 2 total, not the same model though)
Mercenary handgunners
Mercenary crossbowmen
VIPs with banners etc
Men-at-arms on foot (advancing, I already did standing around)
Mounted men-at-arms (not my top priority right now since they didn't play a huge part historically and my VIPs are on foot)
Light cavalry (prickers, in case they can be made well from the mounted men-at-arms sprues)

Any requests?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

Which miniatures are you using for the light cavalry?

The Brain

Jacob

Right! I forgot there are light and heavy options for the Perry cavalry.

Admiral Yi

Do crossbowmen next.

BTW, what's the period?  Early 100 Years War?

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 01, 2012, 06:30:53 PM
Do crossbowmen next.

BTW, what's the period?  Early 100 Years War?

Wars of the Roses, second half 15th century.

The Brain

I have started assembling the light (or rather medium) cavalry. I haven't painted horses before (or at least not since the 80s) so the painted result will be... interesting. Painting animals well seems hard to me. As usual these will be KISS.

katmai

I look forward to the Starchild, Demon and Cat horses.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jacob

Played a 1500 pt Warhammer Fantasy Battle game yesterday. First time playing empire, ever and my army was HEAVILY proxied (Bretonnia, Dwarfs, High Elves, a Wargames Foundry Viking and even a few Schleich baby elephants); vs Dark Elves.

Had a lot of fun. Ultimately, I prevailed because he didn't have enough things that could touch my 1+ armour. D. Elf magic was pretty scary, but once I took out his (two!) sorceresses (he was fairly aggressive with them), the combination of my heavy cavalry and buffs carried the day.

Good times.