News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The everything miniatures wargaming thread

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sophie Scholl

Very nice looking.  I await the next unit to be created. :thumbsup:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ape

Some British Sherman tanks painted for Tunisia and Italy

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on April 26, 2011, 06:39:07 AM
The decision was to hold off publishing any side ventures until the new Lee books are through the editing process.  :(  Obviously, not a decision I voted for.  I'd be glad to send you a copy of the rules for playtest purposes, if you play Napoleonics.

I talked to the fellas at Cold Wars about that Lee project they seemed to be jizzing over;  honestly though, 8 volumes?  Really?  A bit much.

I did sign up on the email notification list, though.   You can tell who I was--under "Favorite Battle", I was the one that filled in "Atlanta".

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 08, 2011, 07:32:38 PM
I talked to the fellas at Cold Wars about that Lee project they seemed to be jizzing over;  honestly though, 8 volumes?  Really?  A bit much.
Agree, but we learned from Napoleon's Apogee that people won't balk at paying $150 each for two volumes, but will balk at paying $225 for the same material in one volume.  We re-cast the original 5 volumes into 8 (but these are volumes the size of Napoleon's Finest, not Napoleon's Apogee).

Remember that this lee work is going to be like the Napoleonic stuff:  full of maps, OOBs, sidebars on equipment, formations, and personalities,  uniform plates, step-by-step drawings of the battles as they progressed, and the like.  This isn't a text info-drop.  We are deleting stuff to get it into eight volumes!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

OK, that sounds a little more reasonable.  "All Lee, All The Time" would make me retch.  Fuck him, genius or not.  There's only so much info you can get on a traitor.

The Brain

My next unit is done! As you can see it's a little different. It's artillery. :)

Really like these models. The gun model itself is awesome.

I haven't made a final decision on what to do with the edges of the bases, that's why they look a little unfinished. Just like the bases for the billmen.

Didn't have any sunlight available for this photo. As usual.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Sophie Scholl

Wow.  Badass.  Definitely liking your work with these models.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ape

The Brain

Barrister

I just got invited to play in a WWII Miniatures game.

Anyone ever heard of Flames of War?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on September 22, 2011, 03:23:47 PM
I just got invited to play in a WWII Miniatures game.

Anyone ever heard of Flames of War?

It's huge. I haven't played it but I got some rulebooks.