News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Steak help! Calling all Americans

Started by Martinus, March 10, 2010, 10:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I am ordering a steak from an American restaurant. They offer sauces: wild mushroom butter, cajun cream sauce or demi glaze. Which to choose??????????

ulmont

Quote from: Martinus on March 10, 2010, 10:22:39 AM
I am ordering a steak from an American restaurant. They offer sauces: wild mushroom butter, cajun cream sauce or demi glaze. Which to choose??????????

Wild mushroom butter, but I assume it's too late now.

Viking

is it an american restraunt or an American restraunt?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

I thought you ate your beef raw you barbarous fuck.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Well Done with half a bottle of A1 sauce poured on it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on March 10, 2010, 10:29:09 AM
is it an american restraunt or an American restraunt?

Or a restaurant.  I'm figuring he order online and the steak is being sent in the mail.  I would chose the wild mushroom butter.  Personally I like Worcestershire sauce.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Darth Wagtaros

Catsup.   Lot's of catsup and mustard. 
PDH!

DisturbedPervert

Sliced up, grilled with onions, peppers, and chillies, and put in a warm tortilla with cheese, sour cream, and guacamole

Caliga

I don't believe a high quality steak needs or should have any sort of a sauce topping (e.g. my usual filet mignon from Morton's).  THAT SAID, I do like various butter sauces on my steaks when necessary... clarified butter or chive butter are good, as are any sauces featuring mushrooms.  I'm actually not a big steak fan though... for some bizarre reason I have trouble chewing it.  :Embarrass:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Alexandru H.

Ed Anger

I can eat Steak au poivre every day if I could.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

cajun cream sauce.

demi glaze is... well, order this only if you like non tasty thing, the kind of sauce you want for the sake of having a sauce.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martim Silva

I suppose most Americans will dislike cajun as it was used by former French settlers in Louisiana, and no American will ever order anything just 'demi' (sounds incomplete), so I suspect they'd go with wild mushrooms if nothing else.