News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Steak help! Calling all Americans

Started by Martinus, March 10, 2010, 10:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

If you're going to put anything on a steak maybe just a little brie or blue cheese melted on it.

garbon

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 10, 2010, 12:06:43 PM
I'm not very serious, but... how many lawsuits were created by those menus? I can think of many African-americans getting offended by so many 'black'-ened things on the menu...

:yawn:

You aren't even trying, today.

Oh and Martinus, I don't eat steak. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Now I'm thinking steak for dinner.  That would be nice.

Steak, slice of whole grain bread, and a glass of single malt.
PDH!

Martinus

I went with demi glaze. :|

I took New York Strip steak (not sure if this is a proper name or just how they call it in the menu), rare. Baked potato with cheddar. Onion rings. And the sauce.

No wonder you Americans are fat. :P

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Razgovory on March 10, 2010, 11:38:16 AM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 10, 2010, 11:31:30 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on March 10, 2010, 11:15:11 AM
cajun cream sauce makes reference in its name to one of the confederacy's protected ethnic groups; it is the proper choice.

What were the other protected ethnic groups?

Eskimos, Japanese cat-girls and bugbears.

:lmfao:
:p

Martim Silva

Quote from: Martinus on March 10, 2010, 12:30:15 PM

I once went to a Burger King to try the food. I swear I could even *feel* my arteries clogging.

Do Americans really eat that kind of food often?  :huh:

viper37

I took New York Strip steak (not sure if this is a proper name or just how they call it in the menu), rare. Baked potato with cheddar. Onion rings. And the sauce.

onion rings with steak? Onion rings??   :huh:

Onion rings with poutine is ok.
Onion rings with fries is ok.
Onion rings with pizza is ok.
But onion rings with steak?  You just wasted a perfectly good meal.

I suppose you took some ale with you steak too?
barbarians.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Gups

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2010, 11:40:10 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 10, 2010, 10:22:39 AM
I am ordering a steak from an American restaurant. They offer sauces: wild mushroom butter, cajun cream sauce or demi glaze. Which to choose??????????

When you hear them offer those sauces get up and go to a real steak house.

Or even better, go to a good butcher and go cook it yourself. Do you really need to pay a massive mark up for something that's so easy to cook.

BuddhaRhubarb

If you are putting sauce on your steak, it's because it's crap steak. A good steak needs no extras other than maybe some fresh ground pepper.

that said, I'm sure Polish "steak" may need some sauce... I'd go with whatever compliments the rest of your meal the best.
:p

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 10, 2010, 10:36:51 AM
Well Done with half a bottle of A1 sauce poured on it.
:x :x :x Maybe Europe and al Qaeda have a point when they want to destroy America.

citizen k

I like horseradish sauce with my prime rib.

Razgovory

Properly it's called Kansas City Strip Steak. :cool:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 10, 2010, 12:06:43 PM
I'm not very serious, but... how many lawsuits were created by those menus? I can think of many African-americans getting offended by so many 'black'-ened things on the menu...
:lmfao: Classic.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 10, 2010, 12:41:44 PM

I once went to a Burger King to try the food. I swear I could even *feel* my arteries clogging.

Do Americans really eat that kind of food often?  :huh:
I eat BK Triple Stacker for lunch 2-3 times a week.  I'm going to switch to Double Stacker next time, though, because after my sugar-less diet, I just can't finish a Triple Stacker.  So far no heart attacks for me.

Caliga

Also, just in case any Euros were seriously wondering: I have never heard of Cajun hate (unless you're talking about LSU or something ;) ).  They may well be one of the least hated minorities in America.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points