Main Menu

New boardgames

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2009, 05:30:51 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 22, 2009, 05:25:36 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 22, 2009, 05:22:20 PM
And how that stuff is actually playable PBEM/Vassal.   ;)

Those things never concern him

Shush yo mouf.

My gringo map is sitting under inches of dust waiting for our game to start!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on June 22, 2009, 05:33:35 PM
My gringo map is sitting under inches of dust waiting for our game to start!

will you play with me
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2009, 05:30:36 PM
The only thing to do now is 1) keep up with the OCS releases that interest me as they come along, and 2) jump into ASL, which I never did.

Go to WBC with Berkut and me and he'll learn you on the latter.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on June 22, 2009, 05:38:42 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2009, 05:30:36 PM
The only thing to do now is 1) keep up with the OCS releases that interest me as they come along, and 2) jump into ASL, which I never did.

Go to WBC with Berkut and me and he'll learn you on the latter.

Berkut told me he was ASL-ed out.

Habbaku

Then you can play the starter-kits with me, since I have never done much with them.   :P

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on June 22, 2009, 05:45:11 PM
Then you can play the starter-kits with me, since I have never done much with them.   :P

That reminds me, I need #3.

Berkut

I would play ASL with someone who wanted to learn.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Woohoo, the Big Brown Truck is on its way!

Location               Date             Local Time         Description
BALTIMORE  US    06/23/2009  06:24                IN TRANSIT TO
LEXINGTON US     06/23/2009  06:23                DEPARTURE SCAN

Tamas

I like to receive lots of colorful boxes in the mail, even if they costed a fortune. ^_^

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2009, 05:06:27 PM
I can't lie.  WE HAS TO HAVE IT.

Bought the expansion kit, too.  :Embarrass:
In for a penny, in for a pound.

Did I still have the boardgame itch, I would have gotten it as well.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2009, 05:06:27 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 22, 2009, 05:03:53 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 22, 2009, 04:58:57 PM
Thanks for stopping me, people.  <_<

Order shipped.
Would you really have listened to anything we said?

Hell you'd probably decide to do the opposite of whatever I said.

I can't lie.  WE HAS TO HAVE IT.

Bought the expansion kit, too.  :Embarrass:
The original covered the entire Pacific theater and had 9,000 counters, what was in the expansion kit?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 23, 2009, 11:49:50 AM
The original covered the entire Pacific theater and had 9,000 counters, what was in the expansion kit?
The war in Europe on the same scale.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 23, 2009, 11:49:50 AMThe original covered the entire Pacific theater and had 9,000 counters, what was in the expansion kit?

Little tiny Japanese people.  They're flammable, you know.

Seriously, extra counters, etc., carrying the war into 1946 if necessary.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on June 23, 2009, 09:49:57 AM
I like to receive lots of colorful boxes in the mail, even if they costed a fortune. ^_^

Bastards at UPS called me;  it's going to require a signature.  They won't leave it unattended at the door.

Then again, at that price, I suppose I should applaud them for being proactive.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 23, 2009, 05:57:18 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 23, 2009, 09:49:57 AM

Bastards at UPS called me;  it's going to require a signature.  They won't leave it unattended at the door.

Then again, at that price, I suppose I should applaud them for being proactive.

:nelson:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son