News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New boardgames

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 12:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

A thread for talking about your new shit.

Today I bought Age of Conan by FFG. I haven't read the rules yet but the board and pieces look nice. I love Conan, and luckily the game doesn't have much or anything to do with the MMORPG except the name.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

saskganesh

heh. website says they are "out of stock".
humans were created in their own image

CountDeMoney

A solo game some of you may be interested in:

Where There Is Discord

The Brain

Just played my first game of Age of Conan, even though we finished a bit early since it was getting late. Er...

It was great, everyone liked it a lot. About the right amount of randomness. The system for conquering provinces is just cool (you fight campaigns of different lengths and through different terrain). Conan moving through the world like a force of nature, helping and destroying as he goes.

Of course we had the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack playing. BOM-BOM-BOM-BOM-bom-bom-bom...

Habbaku

http://victorypointgames.com/product.php?productid=29&cat=1&page=3

Couldn't resist.  $20 solitaire game about the Russian Civil War.  Apparently plays in about a half-hour; should waste some more of my time.  Same designer as the solitaire Israeli Independence game.

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on April 18, 2009, 02:47:20 AMCouldn't resist.

Me neither.  Which is why I'm waiting for the Big Brown Truck to drop off my copy of The Devil's Cauldron today.  :Embarrass:

Syt

Looks yummy, except for the fake Cyrillic letters.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Damn you, Big Brown Truck! Where the fuck are you?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on April 18, 2009, 02:52:23 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2009, 02:51:40 PM
Damn you, Big Brown Truck! Where the fuck are you?

:( Monday.

It was shipped yesterday, and only travelling 32 miles, dammit. :cry:

CountDeMoney

Stupid UPS. Ruined my weekend.  :mad:

The Brain

Can I help in any way? :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on April 18, 2009, 05:50:30 PM
Can I help in any way? :)

Yeah, perform an interpretive dance of Operation Market Garden for me by jumping out of your car in traffic.

CountDeMoney

Woohoo! I love the Big Brown Truck!