Titus Pullo Give Me Back My Legions!

Started by Viking, March 06, 2010, 02:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/03/04/hbo-rome-movie/

QuoteExclusive: HBO series 'Rome' may finally be headed to the big screen
by Lynette Rice
Categories: Movie Biz, News, TV Biz

Fans of HBO's critically-beloved (but short-lived) series Rome may not have seen the last of Vorenus and Pullo. Multiple sources have confirmed to EW that a big-screen sequel to the sword-and-sandals series is well underway. Rome creator/executive Bruno Heller — who went on to create CBS's hit The Mentalist — has finished a script for Morning Light Productions, which financed the development and will produce the film. Series stars Kevin McKidd (Lucius Vorenus) and Ray Stevenson (Titus Pullo) will likely sign onto the movie, which picks up in Germany four years after the series ended. The next step for Morning Light is to find a director and a studio, since HBO Films won't be involved.

Rome the series aired from 2005-07 and took place during Ancient Rome, beginning with Caesar's invasion of Gaul and continuing with the rise of the first Emperor Augustus. The series centered on soldiers Pullo and Vorenus, who appeared to die at the end of the series.

I'm sorry, but this cannot turn out well.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grallon

It was bad already on TV - I can just imagine how it'll turn on the big screen. :bleeding:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Josquius

:w00t:
Rome was awesome. Anyone who says different is mad. That is all.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on March 06, 2010, 02:51:34 PM
:w00t:
Rome was awesome. Anyone who says different is mad. That is all.
Rome was great as entertainment, but I can see how the anal-retentive types could not enjoy the show because names were improperly declined (or whatever) and some minor characters were combined.

On the other hand, the anal-retentive whining is also entertaining, so there's a win-win to this news.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on March 06, 2010, 04:10:32 PMOn the other hand, the anal-retentive whining is also entertaining, so there's a win-win to this news.

Sorta like how the veins in their foreheads implode every time there's a commercial for 300.

Ed Anger

I didn't like looking at the junk shots in the series. <timmay mode> HBO should be banned.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grallon

The irony of deeming masturbation over commas - in public of course - superior to so-called 'anal retention' - is most entertaining. ^_^

G.

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

grumbler

Quote from: Grallon on March 06, 2010, 07:01:55 PM
The irony of deeming masturbation over commas - in public of course - superior to so-called 'anal retention' - is most entertaining. ^_^
Well, if you enjoy masturbating over commas, I certainly won't try to stop you.  If you think it superior to anal-retentiveness... well, you have both, so I will bow to your superior experience, and acknowledge that it is irony is not just the opposite of wrinkly. ^_^

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!