News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Another Languish EU3 game? Weeknights EST?

Started by Berkut, March 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

I didn't do anything too exciting.  I colonized a province or two in Africa, another one or two in Brazil, colonized all of Madagascar (got a gold province  :showoff: there) pushed west across southern North America and grabbed Bali_Lombard in the South Pacific.  Upgraded the navy a bit as well too.

I had a hell of a time keeping explorers alive but the shitty King is still on the throne.  His 8-8-3 Heir is now ~45, I am sure he will die before his dad.

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on April 15, 2010, 12:10:09 AM
France?  I don't recall what they did.

I'll take "Didn't expand, sat on their ass and paid to join a coalition they didn't get anything out of" for $200, Alex.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on April 15, 2010, 12:17:54 AM

I'll take "Didn't expand, sat on their ass and paid to join a coalition they didn't get anything out of" for $200, Alex.

I'll take following orders for $400. 

Habbaku

Following orders is right.  They do whatever Spain and England tell them to in exchange for...wait, did they actually shrink their economy, despite not having a big war?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

I am immensely amused that Portugal is back on the list, by the way.  For those watching at home, they don't hold a single European province.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on April 15, 2010, 12:21:34 AM
...wait, did they actually shrink their economy, despite not having a big war?

Nope France's economy grew by 9d.  :)

katmai

Quote from: sbr on April 15, 2010, 12:20:00 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 15, 2010, 12:17:54 AM

I'll take following orders for $400.
I didn't want any of your stinky OE lands. And thanks sbr for doing a good job.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

I took a beating in trade.  I focused on getting Land and Government techs up to speed and Production was choice #3, that caused Trade to fall even more behind.  That combined with the atrocious monarch and the strange loss in prestige made trading very hard.  I went from making 84 per month in trade at session start to making 57 at session end.   :Embarrass:

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on April 15, 2010, 12:35:59 AM

So why invest yourself in a war you knew others were going to fight for you?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Today is the day I learned about trade.  Today is also the day I realized how much money I was giving up by being such a poor trader.  I wish I learned my lesson a little sooner, before I dug myself into a tech hole.

sbr

I would have rather you waited a day to learn that, you made me look bad. :(

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on April 15, 2010, 12:49:40 AM
Quote from: katmai on April 15, 2010, 12:35:59 AM

So why invest yourself in a war you knew others were going to fight for you?
They were scared you were an 800lb gorilla.

Habbaku

That doesn't explain why you would participate.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

:huh:
no it really does.
They asked for my help as they figured their navies would be able to blockade but weren't sure if HRE land forces would be able to take you on so asked for my help.
This was all before Russia signed on. 

The original proposal of lands to take had me asking for Syria, but didn't want that as would just lead me into another war 1v1 most likely. 

Berkut

That chart cannot be right - Habbaku assured us after the war that he was now "weaker than the HRE" and how the HRE was going to run rampant without him to stop him.

So there is no way that the Ottomans can possibly still have that much more income than the HRE.

Could someone post the correct chart?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned