And we're back!

Main Menu

Crippling hatred of Yankeedom

Started by Lettow77, March 04, 2010, 05:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Sounds sad to have to have so much of one's tastes dictated by the past.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 08:11:00 PM

it is like being Spellus all the time.  :yuk:

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 04, 2010, 08:11:59 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 08:11:00 PM

it is like being Spellus all the time.  :yuk:
Lettow is at least single-minded in his obsession, rather than flitting from topic to topic like some sort of societal butterfly.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 04, 2010, 04:46:08 PM
To those who think that loving the South is a dramatic statement or attempt to be unique, I wonder if you have anything greater than yourself that you believe in?
Hm, let's see.... well for starters I just got back from a Red Cross meeting.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 04, 2010, 08:34:07 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on March 04, 2010, 04:46:08 PM
To those who think that loving the South is a dramatic statement or attempt to be unique, I wonder if you have anything greater than yourself that you believe in?
Hm, let's see.... well for starters I just got back from a Red Cross meeting.

I'm a Kentucky Colonel, and I like to pretend I'm superior to Cal. I will raise a regiment and sack Cal's county for all its Fried Chicken.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 06:13:48 PM
Doesn't mean I have to slum it in the country.
In general, slums and the country have nothing to do with one another.  :)

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 04, 2010, 08:35:58 PM
I'm a Kentucky Colonel, and I like to pretend I'm superior to Cal. I will raise a regiment and sack Cal's county for all its Fried Chicken.
I actually discovered tonight that our county manager is a Colonel.  I now have a: backup plan and can kick your ass to the curb. :)

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on March 04, 2010, 08:37:16 PM
In general, slums and the country have nothing to do with one another.  :)

True, the country is irreparably sad. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 04, 2010, 08:40:42 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 04, 2010, 08:35:58 PM
I actually discovered tonight that our county manager is a Colonel.  I now have a: backup plan and can kick your ass to the curb. :)

I still outrank your n00b ass.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 08:44:09 PM
True, the country is irreparably sad. :(
Having lived in city, suburban, and rural settings:

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

I used to visit my grandparents up in the mountains until one day I woke up and thought, "Why am I depriving myself of civilization and modernity?"

Ed Anger

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 08:52:45 PM
I used to visit my grandparents up in the mountains until one day I woke up and thought, "Why am I depriving myself of civilization and modernity?"
Well we just got a Papa Johns out here, Mr. City Slicker Fancy Pants!  :showoff: