And we're back!

Main Menu

Crippling hatred of Yankeedom

Started by Lettow77, March 04, 2010, 05:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Jaron on March 04, 2010, 06:02:12 PM
Then you must go to Hollywood!
Those spotlights they use to light up movie premieres cause devastating light pollution.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on March 04, 2010, 06:12:43 PM
Unfortunately you cannot.

Doesn't mean I have to slum it in the country.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 04, 2010, 04:46:08 PM
I did well on my exam, I am sure, although I got almost no sleep at all. I am brilliant, and it is a podunk college.

To those who think that loving the South is a dramatic statement or attempt to be unique, I wonder if you have anything greater than yourself that you believe in? The South, as a cause is reckoned, is particularly inadequate, but even it gives me an anchor for my life and a persistent worldview. It is good to beleive in a cause and persue it. Religion does that for alot of people, but I know languish is just too intellectual for that.

If you're so brilliant, go to a big school where you can learn something and get out of your Southern phase.

And yes, many of us have things we believe in, for Martinus it's the gays, for his betters it's things Like "Our country" or " America", something you should learn to love yourself (and I dont mean the gayness).  <_< 
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on March 04, 2010, 09:09:34 AM
To be fair, Grant's policies were also controversial.

It should be noted that Grant's Administration had more indicted personnel than any other Administration--until Reagan's broke his record.  So, by that logic, yeah Reagan should replace him.

garbon

Actually for Marti's betters it is a belief in the Forms.

MadBurgerMaker

Why can't you just smoke some weed, put some makeup on, and listen to shitty music like the normal emo kids?

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 04, 2010, 04:46:08 PM
To those who think that loving the South is a dramatic statement or attempt to be unique, I wonder if you have anything greater than yourself that you believe in? The South, as a cause is reckoned, is particularly inadequate, but even it gives me an anchor for my life and a persistent worldview. It is good to beleive in a cause and persue it. Religion does that for alot of people, but I know languish is just too intellectual for that.

Religion is a very good world view to adopt.  Being a citizen of the USA is a great cause to adopt as yours. 

Serious advice - start going to church.  I think you might like it.  And Jesus Christ is a lot more worthy of your adoration then Jefferson Davis.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 04, 2010, 05:10:53 PM
Southerners do not move north as much as Northerners move South even percentage-wise, nevermind in absolute numbers, where the northern predeliction for colonization becomes more readily apparent.

Entire swathes of the South have ceased to be so;  the North can claim nothing of the sort.

The migration of Southern white "hillbillies" to the North and West was definitive in shaping the culture of a lot of American urban life in the 20th century, as it paralleled the Southern black migrations to the same places; L.A./So. Cal (Okies and the Bakersfield country sound [Buck Owens, Merle Haggard]), Chicago, Detroit (not flattering, but a factor in the '43 race riots), Baltimore...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on March 04, 2010, 07:38:37 PM
And Jesus Christ is a lot more worthy of your adoration then Jefferson Davis.
I don't see it.

grumbler

Religion is a very good world view to adopt.  Being a citizen of the USA is a great cause to adopt as yours. 

Serious advice - start going to church.  I think you might like it.  And Jesus Christ is a lot more worthy of your adoration then Jefferson Davis.
"Religion" /= Christianity

Seriously, Lettuce, if you are going to believe in shit, stick with the South.  Once you start believing in invisible superfriends, its hard to figure out where to stop.  At least the South assuredly actually existed at some time.  If you want a religion like that, try Buddhism.  There is a whole "lost cause" drama about that as well, and angsty teens seem to like it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: grumbler on March 04, 2010, 07:55:09 PM

"Religion" /= Christianity

Seriously, Lettuce, if you are going to believe in shit, stick with the South.  Once you start believing in invisible superfriends, its hard to figure out where to stop.  At least the South assuredly actually existed at some time.  If you want a religion like that, try Buddhism.  There is a whole "lost cause" drama about that as well, and angsty teens seem to like it.

Given what we know of Lettow and his penchant for traditionalism, I believe it far more likely for him to find what he's looking for in Christianity.  It's also much more "southern" an interest then any other faith.  If he wishes to look into Buddhism he is welcome to do so, but it doesn't seem quite his style.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Lettow77

I attend church services almost every week.  My roommate and I alternate lutheran and baptist, the former being his preference and the latter mine, and I go to mass with the missus and her mother, who despairs that her daughter has no interest in the faith. For those who pay particular attention, you might have noticed I have an adoration of Mormonism and the type of people it produces; I envy their culture, and their looney tunes religion has a special place in my heart.

I appreciate the South's inextricable link with religion, and try to uphold Christian morals and standards as well, but I cannot believe in the faith aspect. Even if I could, Lee is a better moral model than any other man I could think of, not excepting Christ. I could never abandon Christianity completely, given the faith Stonewall and Lee placed in it, and even Forrest in the twilight of his life, but the thing I put my trust in is the South, which, as grumbler says, I can at least be sure exists. I am struggling for something real, that endures beyond the life of one person.

That's enough for me, really. I do not have grand aspirations; I just want to raise a Southern family, slightly above average.

But, thank you for your concern. I am not unbalanced or unhappy with my dedication in life. If I come across so in this thread, it is because I was in a dark place last night, and I apologise.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'