News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crippling hatred of Yankeedom

Started by Lettow77, March 04, 2010, 05:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 04, 2010, 04:46:08 PM
  I should not have posted this here; this is hardly the right audience. But there was nobody to talk to, and I was in a desperate mental state. I did well on my exam, I am sure, although I got almost no sleep at all. I am brilliant, and it is a podunk college.

To those who think that loving the South is a dramatic statement or attempt to be unique, I wonder if you have anything greater than yourself that you believe in? The South, as a cause is reckoned, is particularly inadequate, but even it gives me an anchor for my life and a persistent worldview. It is good to beleive in a cause and persue it. Religion does that for alot of people, but I know languish is just too intellectual for that.

I will avoid rambling statements for languish to misinterprete and derogate in the future.

On the contrary, this is the best place for you to post your thoughts and feelings, no matter how we the languish mob respond.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Brain

I wonder if you have anything greater than yourself that you believe in?

Sure. My tomb and legacy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 04, 2010, 05:10:53 PM
Southerners do not move north as much as Northerners move South even percentage-wise, nevermind in absolute numbers, where the northern predeliction for colonization becomes more readily apparent.

Entire swathes of the South have ceased to be so;  the North can claim nothing of the sort.

North is cold, south is hot.

Film at eleven.

Viking

Quote from: sbr on March 04, 2010, 05:23:40 PM
Southerners do not move north as much as Northerners move South even percentage-wise, nevermind in absolute numbers, where the northern predeliction for colonization becomes more readily apparent.

Entire swathes of the South have ceased to be so;  the North can claim nothing of the sort.

North is cold, south is hot, air-conditioning has been invented.

Film at eleven.

there fixed your post for you.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Au contraire.  The only music you can get on the radio outside major cities is country.  NASCAR is big in the north. 

Neil

To those who think that loving the South is a dramatic statement or attempt to be unique, I wonder if you have anything greater than yourself that you believe in?
There is nothing greater than Myself.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 04, 2010, 05:38:15 PM
Au contraire.  The only music you can get on the radio outside major cities is country.  NASCAR is big in the north. 

Why would anyone be outside urban/suburban areas*?

*I'm assuming that's what you meant as I lived in suburbs most of my life and always had stations that didn't play country available.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 05:42:35 PM
Why would anyone be outside urban/suburban areas*?
We have this technology called the auto mobile.  And you know how there are streets in the city?  If you keep on them past the city limits they turn into "high ways."

The Brain

On Sundays I often go down to the turnpike and watch the city folks in their horseless carriages. :)

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 04, 2010, 05:45:59 PM
We have this technology called the auto mobile.  And you know how there are streets in the city?  If you keep on them past the city limits they turn into "high ways."

I guess that answers the unansked question, how one gets out of urban/suburban areas, but that doesn't really answer why. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on March 04, 2010, 05:47:17 PM
On Sundays I often go down to the turnpike and watch the city folks in their horseless carriages. :)

On Sundays, I often drink mimosas and then laze around in bed.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 05:52:13 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 04, 2010, 05:47:17 PM

On Sundays, I often drink mimosas and then laze around in bed.

Sounds lovely. Do you want company? I wanna tie you down and cane you raw.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on March 04, 2010, 05:54:06 PM
Sounds lovely. Do you want company? I wanna tie you down and cane you raw.

Sure, I've an opening this Sunday. That said, I've already got your brown sugar right here.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 05:51:04 PM

I guess that answers the unansked question, how one gets out of urban/suburban areas, but that doesn't really answer why. :huh:
To see the stars.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jaron

Quote from: Neil on March 04, 2010, 06:00:57 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2010, 05:51:04 PM

To see the stars.

Then you must go to Hollywood!
Winner of THE grumbler point.