News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crippling hatred of Yankeedom

Started by Lettow77, March 04, 2010, 05:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Reagan on the 50 might have not be so bad.  With Puff Daddy's declining fortune he could realease "All about the Gippers" next.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Neil

Quote from: Viking on March 04, 2010, 12:39:09 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 04, 2010, 10:39:35 AM
Quote from: Viking on March 04, 2010, 09:36:20 AM
Good point, so.. let me rephrase

Airport, Aircraft Carrier, Currency and Failed assassination attempt, pick any three.
FDR.
Grrrr

Airport, Aircraft Carrier, Currency and Returning to Civilian life, pick any three.
George Washington.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sophie Scholl

I agree with Syt and sbr.  The worst part is, being a Yankee hater in New York relegates me to being surrounded by faux-Yankee fans.  Also, the damned YES Network is on everywhere and usually my only way of watching the Royals live. :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Neil on March 04, 2010, 04:08:58 PM

Airport, Aircraft Carrier, Currency and Failed assassination attempt, pick any three.
FDR.
Grrrr

Airport, Aircraft Carrier, Currency and Returning to Civilian life, pick any three.
George Washington.
Airport, Aircraft Carrier, Currency, a beard, pick 3.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on March 04, 2010, 04:11:48 PM

FDR.
Grrrr

George Washington.
Abraham Lincoln.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Airport, Aircraft Carrier, Currency, Real Teeth and Returning to Civilian life, pick any four.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Reagan didn't have a beard.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Neil on March 04, 2010, 04:13:26 PM

FDR.
Grrrr

George Washington.
Abraham Lincoln.
Lincoln has an airport named after him?
edit:  Damn.  He does.

Lettow77

I should not have posted this here; this is hardly the right audience. But there was nobody to talk to, and I was in a desperate mental state. I did well on my exam, I am sure, although I got almost no sleep at all. I am brilliant, and it is a podunk college.

To those who think that loving the South is a dramatic statement or attempt to be unique, I wonder if you have anything greater than yourself that you believe in? The South, as a cause is reckoned, is particularly inadequate, but even it gives me an anchor for my life and a persistent worldview. It is good to beleive in a cause and persue it. Religion does that for alot of people, but I know languish is just too intellectual for that.

I will avoid rambling statements for languish to misinterprete and derogate in the future.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Viking

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 04, 2010, 04:46:08 PM
  I should not have posted this here; this is hardly the right audience. But there was nobody to talk to, and I was in a desperate mental state. I did well on my exam, I am sure, although I got almost no sleep at all. I am brilliant, and it is a podunk college.

To those who think that loving the South is a dramatic statement or attempt to be unique, I wonder if you have anything greater than yourself that you believe in? The South, as a cause is reckoned, is particularly inadequate, but even it gives me an anchor for my life and a persistent worldview. It is good to beleive in a cause and persue it. Religion does that for alot of people, but I know languish is just too intellectual for that.

I will avoid rambling statements for languish to misinterprete and derogate in the future.

You can love the south all you want... but the title of this thread is "Crippling hatred of Yankeedom". You define civil rights as your enemy and you expect sympathy? You should know better, even a dog avoids the fire after he has had his fur burned for the first time.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

You are a rare and special flower Lettuce, don't ever change because people cannot understand your brilliance.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 04, 2010, 04:46:08 PM

This is precisely what Money described earlier.  Having a belief system in which everything is viewed through the prism of Yankee oppression is exactly what feminazis, Marxists, and countless other groups do.  So what if Northerners move South?  Southerners move North too if you hadn't noticed.  Is that oppression?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 04, 2010, 05:01:30 PM
Southerners move North too if you hadn't noticed.  Is that oppression?

Kind of.  It's extremely annoying, at the very least.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Lettow77

Southerners do not move north as much as Northerners move South even percentage-wise, nevermind in absolute numbers, where the northern predeliction for colonization becomes more readily apparent.

Entire swathes of the South have ceased to be so;  the North can claim nothing of the sort.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

garbon

Out here in the West, I've no idea what this is all about. :alberta:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.