Halal Burger 'Discrimination' Stirs Debate in France

Started by citizen k, February 26, 2010, 03:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

The Brain

Deutsche, Deutsche treht nicht ein! Hier verkäuft ein...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Also, an advice could be: don't live in the islamic poor's ghettos. :)

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on February 27, 2010, 06:03:49 AM
Buying meat from street stands.  :yuk:

It's not a street stand. It's a daily grocery market, like there are several in Vienna. Some sell fresh meat, some sell fresh vegetables, or other stuff. Many offer lamb or chicken kebabs or sausages or balkans food to go or sit.

It's like this, but much smaller:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naschmarkt
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on February 27, 2010, 06:04:46 AM

Well, for what I pay for my current 40 sq meter appartment I could probably rent a penthouse in Warsaw, but unfortunately, prices are different in Vienna. And there's not many areas who will not have a fair amount of Muslims, as 7-10% of Viennese are following Islam (1/4 is without religion, less than half are Cathoholics).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on February 27, 2010, 05:57:20 AM
Quote from: Jaron on February 27, 2010, 05:18:47 AM
I doubt anyone in the priesthood of any organized, conservative religion would approve of your lifestyle choices, Marcinek.

Err, that's pretty much my point, idiot. I don't want my money to go to these people, so I won't pay a dime for anything that's certified as "kosher" or "halal".

You don't really have a point. You're just bitching as usual. I dare say there are probably a great many things you buy that help finance people who would object to you personally. For personal or political reasons if not religious, so your approach is ineffective.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on February 27, 2010, 06:15:03 AM

Well, for what I pay for my current 40 sq meter appartment I could probably rent a penthouse in Warsaw,

I somewhat doubt it. I believe Warsaw was recently declared one of the more expensive capitals of the EU when it comes to property prices and rents.

Just out of curiosity, how much are you paying? (If you don't mind sharing this).

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on February 27, 2010, 07:52:17 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 27, 2010, 06:15:03 AM

Well, for what I pay for my current 40 sq meter appartment I could probably rent a penthouse in Warsaw,

I somewhat doubt it. I believe Warsaw was recently declared one of the more expensive capitals of the EU when it comes to property prices and rents.

Just out of curiosity, how much are you paying? (If you don't mind sharing this).

I was of course slightly facetious. Depending on part of town you can expect 15-25 EUR/apartment square meter (including taxes and "side costs" - garbage, usually heating lump sum, water, but not power), depending on part of town. I pay less. My district has over 40% immigrants (people without Austrian citizenship or born outside Austria; the statistic does not count children of immigrants with Austrian apssport). City average is 33% with lowest districts having 20%.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 27, 2010, 08:29:45 AM
I sell shrimp out of a truck.

A co-worker in Germany used to do that. 5 EUR/plastic shopping bag.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on February 27, 2010, 08:29:33 AMI was of course slightly facetious. Depending on part of town you can expect 15-25 EUR/apartment square meter (including taxes and "side costs" - garbage, usually heating lump sum, water, but not power), depending on part of town. I pay less. My district has over 40% immigrants (people without Austrian citizenship or born outside Austria; the statistic does not count children of immigrants with Austrian apssport). City average is 33% with lowest districts having 20%.
Well, you are an immigrant too, so fit right in.  :P

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on February 27, 2010, 09:02:46 AM
Well, you are an immigrant too, so fit right in.  :P

Yes. :P

According to official statistics, in 2008 there were 545,000 immigrants in the city (out of 1.6 million).

By origin, the 10 largest countries are:
- Serbia/Montenegro (110,000)
- Turkey (75,000)
- Germany (40,000)
- Poland (38,800)
- Bosnia-Herzegovina (31,000)
- Czech Rep. (20,000)
- Croatia (19,000)
- Romania (16,000)
- Hungary (13,000)
- Macedonia (10,000)

To get an accurate picture of walking down a street in my neighbourhood you have to remember that many second generation (sometimes third generation) immigrants speak their parent's language in everyday conversation with friends. In fact I hear Turkish now from the kids in the soccer cage across the street.
—Stephen Jay Gould