News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Computer Question

Started by Admiral Yi, April 05, 2009, 03:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

When my old computer passed away I salvaged the hard drive and had it installed in my new computer.  The new computer didn't come with Adobe but it's there on the old hard drive.

So the question is can I just copy the Adobe folder to the new hard drive, or do I need to jump through some Windows registry hoops?  Would it be simpler to just download a new free copy? 

Thanks.

viper37

download a new free copy.

You can't simply copy the folder for 99% of the software out there.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Thanks veep.

Check out what my yahoo search came up with. :D

QuoteFind and Compare prices on Free Downloads Of Adobe at Smarter.com.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 05, 2009, 04:30:17 PM
Speaking Computer, I bought a new Case yesterday.

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2810

Speaking Computer? That a new exclamation like "Great Hera!" or "By Jove!"????
PDH!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

I have used the CM Stacker for several years now, and love it.  Great design, great manufacturing quality.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Nice case. I'll be putting an additional 1T HD into my new Thermaltake Armor MX this week, so I'm curious how it goes - supposedly it's very easy:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alatriste

Yi, you can't do that with modern applications, the reason being that Microsoft (praised be Bill Gates and his companions!) from the very start of Windows complicated things making apps install portions of themselves in windows\sys, the registry, etc, etc. Each version since then apparently _must_ add another layer of complication and worse still, randomly changes the names of folders that in fact do the very same thing...

And I will add another comment: if you only want to read pdfs, don't use the Adobe reader, it's the worst piece of bloatware ever. Personally I use FoxIt, but there are many other pdf readers much smaller and faster than Adobe's.

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on April 05, 2009, 03:46:01 PM
You can't simply copy the folder for 99% of the software out there.
Unless you are using Mac OS, in which case you can.  :cool:

Martinus

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.