News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Computer Question

Started by Admiral Yi, April 05, 2009, 03:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2009, 03:42:30 PM
I'm probably going to use it a dozen times a year.  Given that fact a couple seconds lag doesn't seem so bad compared to another mongo download.
Guess that's fair enough. Reason number 637 to leave NJ: all docs from the state are provided in PDF format. :bleeding:
Experience bij!

katmai

Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 06, 2009, 03:44:51 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2009, 03:42:30 PM
I'm probably going to use it a dozen times a year.  Given that fact a couple seconds lag doesn't seem so bad compared to another mongo download.
Guess that's fair enough. Reason number 637 to leave NJ: all docs from the state are provided in PDF format. :bleeding:

Uh that's most states SOP.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DontSayBanana

Quote from: katmai on April 06, 2009, 03:47:44 PM
Uh that's most states SOP.
Dammit, don't take away my right to hate the state I live in. ;)

Anyway, it's pretty ridiculous when docs from places like HUD are provided as 20MB PDFs... I'd want to spend my Section 8 money on $50-100/month broadband.
Experience bij!

DGuller

Captain, move to NYC.  Move back in one year with full appreciation of this wonderful, beautiful state.  :wub:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DGuller on April 06, 2009, 03:58:00 PM
Captain, move to NYC.  Move back in one year with full appreciation of this wonderful, beautiful state.  :wub:
New York has its pluses, from my point of view. As far as I'm concerned, this state's going to be rock bottom until we break ourselves away from Corzine's spending insanely on pet projects, while cutting budgets for essential services. I had a two-and-a-half-hour hold with the DMV the other day, because they only left one person in the department I needed to talk to.
Experience bij!