News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Movies you've recently watched

Started by FunkMonk, March 10, 2009, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Ah, good old Anders Blixt.

I hear he was working in Afghanistan recently btw.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

FunkMonk

Watched the Star Trek TOS episode "Balance of Terror". Haven't seen it since I was a little kid. Rocked my balls off. :thumbsup:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Neil

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 03, 2009, 11:03:38 PM
Watched the Star Trek TOS episode "Balance of Terror". Haven't seen it since I was a little kid. Rocked my balls off. :thumbsup:
That's the one with Mark Lenard as the Romulan captain, right?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

Wolverine: Meh.  Not bad.  But Iron-Man and the last Hulk movie were better.

Quarantine: Mix up the worst elements from Blair Witch, 28 Days Later, Resident Evil, and Contagion and you get this piece of crap. 

Shaun of the Dead: Bitchin'

PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: garbon on May 02, 2009, 12:51:48 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 02, 2009, 12:27:25 PM
Saw Wolverine this morning. Some of the editing was choppy in the 2nd half, but other than that I thought it was good. Not great though, the only really memorable part for me was the opening montage, that showed Logan and Victor fighting as the decades passed.

No, the plot was entirely senseless. I'm not going to be posting spoilers (in case someone wants to witness it on their own) but there was almost no explanation for any of the characters' actions.  Which could be fine...as I went in knowing that there wasn't much plot just a lot of action. Unfortunately, the action sequences also left much to be desired.  All in all a horrible except for Jackman's body.
It could have been improved had Deadpool broke the Fourth Wall and told the audience about all the glaring plot holes and screw ups.
PDH!

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on May 03, 2009, 09:00:48 AM
Watching LotR - Return of the King.

The scene where the beacons are lit from Minas Tirith to Edoras made me wonder: how badly did you have to fuck up on duty to get sent to one of those lonely mountain tops to watch over a pile of wood that will probably never be lit during your life time?

(Though probably the "official" explanation would have been that it was the bravest, most dutiful, best men with eyes like eagles were sent to those posts.  :P )

What struck me is that the beacon chain appeared to cross a whole continent, yet we know the two cities were only three days' ride apart.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Quote from: Malthus on May 04, 2009, 09:19:54 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 03, 2009, 09:00:48 AM
Watching LotR - Return of the King.

The scene where the beacons are lit from Minas Tirith to Edoras made me wonder: how badly did you have to fuck up on duty to get sent to one of those lonely mountain tops to watch over a pile of wood that will probably never be lit during your life time?

(Though probably the "official" explanation would have been that it was the bravest, most dutiful, best men with eyes like eagles were sent to those posts.  :P )

What struck me is that the beacon chain appeared to cross a whole continent, yet we know the two cities were only three days' ride apart.
Well, it seemed to go a ways.  How far is three days ride?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

ulmont

Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 09:23:20 AM

30 miles per day is an easily sustainable pace for a horse, so 90 miles.  There are endurance competitions where horses ride up to 100 miles in a day, but those aren't sustainable (and few riders would want to ride 12 hours a day either).

Malthus

Quote from: ulmont on May 04, 2009, 09:32:07 AM

30 miles per day is an easily sustainable pace for a horse, so 90 miles.  There are endurance competitions where horses ride up to 100 miles in a day, but those aren't sustainable (and few riders would want to ride 12 hours a day either).

To my mind at least, the beacon chain seemed to stretch far further than 90 miles - it jumped from mountain-top to mountain-top, and those peaks were shown to be relatively far from each other.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Next up: Star Destroyer vs Constitution class starship.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

I'd say that could be exceeded, due to the magical lineage of the horses of Rohan.

After a little measurement, it seems that the distance between Edoras and Minas Tirith is about 300 km.

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 04, 2009, 09:52:04 AM
Next up: Star Destroyer vs Constitution class starship.
And you'll be debating whose cock you'd rather suck:  James Kirk or Admiral Piett.

The Brain

Charles XII averaged 100+ miles a day when he rode from Turkey to Stralsund in 1714.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

ulmont

Quote from: The Brain on May 04, 2009, 12:01:26 PM
Charles XII averaged 100+ miles a day when he rode from Turkey to Stralsund in 1714.

Did he have remounts?