And we're back!

Main Menu

Movies you've recently watched

Started by FunkMonk, March 10, 2009, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 18, 2009, 05:53:15 PM
Quote from: The Brain on April 18, 2009, 05:49:44 PM
Ben Kingsley is on TV right now. When you see him you KNOW the movie is complete crap. Gotta love that guy.
Not always true, Sexy Beast is incredible.

I don't hate Gandhi either (though it may suck, I haven't seen it in decades). Ben Kingsley is still the king of crap movies.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on April 18, 2009, 06:06:02 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 18, 2009, 05:53:15 PM
Quote from: The Brain on April 18, 2009, 05:49:44 PM
Ben Kingsley is on TV right now. When you see him you KNOW the movie is complete crap. Gotta love that guy.
Not always true, Sexy Beast is incredible.

I don't hate Gandhi either (though it may suck, I haven't seen it in decades). Ben Kingsley is still the king of crap movies.

I'll see your Ben Kingsley, and raise you an F. Murray Abraham.

vinraith

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 18, 2009, 05:09:05 PM
Idiocracy. If it is supposed to be funny, I can't find the ha-ha's.

It's too damn realistic to be funny. It's principle use is as a means of quickly describing why we're all screwed because the dumbfucks are out populating the people that have more than 3 brain cells to rub together.

katmai

I for one look forward to the day of the lazyboy shitter.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Queequeg

Quote from: katmai on April 18, 2009, 07:27:22 PM
I for one look forward to the day of the lazyboy shitter.
And being able to shorten "masturbating" to "'baitin".  I actually love Idiocracy. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2009, 06:35:16 PM
Amadeus and The Name of the Rose.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 18, 2009, 07:53:29 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2009, 06:35:16 PM
Amadeus and The Name of the Rose.

And Scarface.  But that's beside the point.  F. Murray's been in more shit than Ben Kingsley.  Nigga didn't even want his name on the credits for the abominable Bonfire of The Vanities.  So there.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 18, 2009, 05:09:05 PM
Idiocracy. If it is supposed to be funny, I can't find the ha-ha's.
The one bit that I found clever was the hospital check in.

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2009, 08:08:03 PMNigga didn't even want his name on the credits for the abominable Bonfire of The Vanities.  So there.
Who would want their name attached to that? :x

That's a film ripe for a remake though.  Maybe this time into something good with just a hint of the wit of the book :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Korea

Quote from: katmai on April 13, 2009, 01:47:49 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 12, 2009, 05:22:47 PM
Leatherheads.  George Clooney plays a pro football player in 1925.  He hires a Princeton phenom to save his collapsing league, love triangle ensues with plucky gal reporter Renee Zellwegger, who is investigating the phenom's fishy WWI heroism story.  The skinny Zellwegger showed up but her face has gotten very strange looking.

It's worth an evening on cable, nothing more.  Believe it went straight to DVD.

It was out in theathers last march for like 2 weeks.

Hey since I can tell from your movies listed been watching HBO, my first job on feature is currently in rotation on the HBO channels in case you come across it. :P

It was filmed in my hometown! :w00t:
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Waiting

It was very funny and reminded me of when I worked in a restaurant. It started out retardly though and I thought it would suck.

The Ring 2

Silly fun
I want my mother fucking points!

grumbler

Just watched El Cid for the first time since seeing it in the theaters (inspired to look for it, ironically, by an Old Languish thread).

Heston is actually pretty good, and I thought the jousting scene was excellent - not too long, not too short. Sophia Loren was awful, and she and Chuck had zero chemistry.  The ending of the movie was all I had remembered from my first viewing, and it was as silly the second time as the first.  Lots of good Chuck bits before that, though.

Seven and a half couples walking out of a barn to discover an army camped on the lawn out of ten.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Taps.  Holds up pretty well.

The cadets at a military high school take it over and hold off the state police and National Guard when they learn that their school will be shut down.  Tom Cruise plays the nutty/intense one, Sean Penn the sensitive/thoughtful one, Timothy Bottoms the overall commander.  George C. Scott reprises his Patton role as commandant.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 19, 2009, 03:22:28 AM
Taps.  Holds up pretty well.
Timothy Bottoms the overall commander.

?

Tim Hutton you mean?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son