News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Movies you've recently watched

Started by FunkMonk, March 10, 2009, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

sigh kids these days.... Genius film making= boring? go take some Ritalin or play your FPS games and leave the grownup thread alone.
:p

Syt

Watchmen dirctor's cut HD (ultimate cut not available over here). Looking great. Dreiberg still looks like Clark Griswold.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

The problem with watching Godfather now is that you've seen so many movies rip off everything they did in that movie. Nothing is a surprise, nothing is new.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on April 02, 2010, 09:04:41 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 02, 2010, 09:00:31 AM
I've tried watching the Godfather a few times. Its just...dull. I like some slow paced films but the Godfather just sends me to sleep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-d52y-RDyg

I too, like the Money Pit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 01, 2010, 10:27:58 PM
Man with no name, sure. that could go up there.

My personal list

1.Infernal Affairs trilogy
2. Man with No Name
3. Vengeance Trilogy
4. LOTR
5. Star Wars original trilogy, obviously.

more than 3 movies disqualifies you from this list making process
Three Colours Trilogy.  :mmm: Juliette Binoche :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

I'd throw in A Better Tomorrow, but the last one is pretty lame.

Also: the original Japanese "Ring" trilogy (Ring 1, Ring 2, Ring 0).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Capetan Mihali

Watched the new French prison epic, "Un Prophete."  Kind of disappointing, but not a bad thriller...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

Fires on the Plain and How To Train Your Dragon, within an hour of each other. Mood whiplash.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on April 02, 2010, 09:00:31 AM
I've tried watching the Godfather a few times. Its just...dull. I like some slow paced films but the Godfather just sends me to sleep

:huh:

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Admiral Yi

I finally managed to be home and have the TV free at a time when The Pacific was on, but by blind bad luck it was the episode about shagging Australian girls. :zzz: