And we're back!

Main Menu

Movies you've recently watched

Started by FunkMonk, March 10, 2009, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 29, 2010, 03:26:34 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 28, 2010, 09:32:34 PM
The Hangover. Crazy shit. Especially since we can all relate to the crazy shits we all done drunk.

Are you saying you find the movie at all realistic?  :lmfao:

Seemed a bit tame to me too

Grey Fox

The Hangover. Crazy shit. Especially since we can all relate to the crazy shits we all done drunk.

Except the Tyson/Tiger and after they are arrested parts. Entirely.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2010, 09:58:11 AM
Runaway, a classic from '84.

Great I have the old Bon Jovi song 'Runaway' in my head now. :mad:

She's a little runaway...

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 29, 2010, 06:58:16 AM

But you don't drink - so how would you know?

My list of 'crazy shit done while drinking' does exist, but it's nothing like The Hangover.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

Quote from: Barrister on March 29, 2010, 11:47:57 AM

My list of 'crazy shit done while drinking' does exist, but it's nothing like The Hangover.
The list:

1. contemplated wearing non-pleated pants to work.
2. accepted a "vote socalist" sticker (not drunk enough to put on car).
3. got a dozen sepia-toned "old time" pictures taken.
4. cheated at monopoly
5. said 'damn the queen' IN PUBLIC.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

BuddhaRhubarb

Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call, Nawlins

Nic Cage's best performance in years comes of course in the strangest good movie he's done in years. Herzogian to the max, Werner references his own films (specifically "Stroszek") far more than he does Ferrara's Bad Lt. in this nothing to do with the original BL (except that Cage is a Lieuy and kind of a bad guy. Though it may just be all the crack, smack & vicodin. in his system talking.) Werner Herzog's America is a very entertaining place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

I'm kinda sorry I waited for dvd on this.

8.5 hallucinatory domestically challenged lizards outta 10

Sherlock Holmes

The Guy Ritchie version.... is a heck of a lot of fun imo. Dude's really thriving without Madge. Go figure. Downey plays a 19th c. Tony Stark involved in a 21st c. bromance with the dreamy Jude Law as his Watson. cheekiest Holmes ever. Rachel Mcadams is oddly tolerable, and Mark Strong is delightfully Doctor Doomish as the pseudo fascist wizard/scientist hoaxster villain.

Bring on Moriarty!

8.5 bromantically shared waistcoats outta 10
:p

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on March 29, 2010, 11:47:57 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 29, 2010, 06:58:16 AM

But you don't drink - so how would you know?

Anymore. There's a reason for that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

I quite enjoy Mark Strong.  He does a good job of looking and acting cool.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Heads up for all the epebophiles: Dakota Fanning is playing the lead singer in the upcoming Runaways movie.

Vricklund

Had trouble sleeping. Daylight savings time messes with me. So, last night I watched all four episodes of Lonesome Dove once again. Could have been a result of sleep deprivation but at the end, at about 4.30 in the morning, I couldn't help shedding a tear.  :cry:

Tonight I'm watching Videocracy on SVT1.

Vricklund

BuddhaRhubarb

Been watching LOTR on Blu Ray. (not the "extended editions"... I just don't give a fuck about those)

This is my first re-watching since watching each in the theatre twice as they came out. Fellowship held up much better than I remembered. Two Towers not as well. Though both were still great fun. Interesting now that I've played some of the licensed games I really understood some of the battles better than I did the first runs through.

tonight Return Of The King, then on to other fields of battle.
:p

Syt

Band of Brothers blu ray has arrived. Totally worth the 17.50 GBP I paid. ^_^
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Vricklund

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 31, 2010, 12:24:38 PM
Been watching LOTR on Blu Ray. (not the "extended editions"... I just don't give a fuck about those)
I thought the extended editions where alot better than the cinema cuts, especially The Two Towers. More Ents, more Rohirrim, more Saruman. :)