Main Menu

Movies you've recently watched

Started by FunkMonk, March 10, 2009, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 09, 2009, 05:49:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2009, 04:26:44 PM
I watched Fast & Furious in the theatre.   :huh:

There's no need to review it.  You know what you'll get.

You are owed one(1) kick in the nuts for enabling those ricer fags.

:mad:

You have to be able to move your foot above knee level to kick someone in the nuts grandpa.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2009, 05:52:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 09, 2009, 05:49:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 09, 2009, 04:26:44 PM
I watched Fast & Furious in the theatre.   :huh:

There's no need to review it.  You know what you'll get.

You are owed one(1) kick in the nuts for enabling those ricer fags.

:mad:

You have to be able to move your foot above knee level to kick someone in the nuts grandpa.

My cane will do the kicking for me, whippersnapper.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Easter on tv holds few surprises:
Today they show Ben Hur, Spartacus, Ten Commandments, and Barraba with Anthony Quinn

Without checking I predict that on sunday or monday they'll have Quo Vadis and The Robe.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Korea

Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer

Better than the first one but still meh

It does make me want to go back and read some Silver Surfer comics though. He seems like an interesting fella.
I want my mother fucking points!

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Martinus on April 09, 2009, 05:48:27 PM
Anyone saw "Waltz with Bashir"? I heard it is pretty good.

I saw it on Valentine's Day and thought it was great, but very bleak, and maybe not the best choice for the occasion.   :Embarrass:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 09, 2009, 05:47:33 PM
Tenebrae, an Italian slasher film, which I quite enjoyed.  Wonderful soundtrack, however.

I loved Tenebrae.  It managed to be kind of silly and also somehow very moving at the same time.  A fun fact is that the author's object of desire/humiliation in the beach flashbacks was played by famous Italian transsexual Eva Robin's (spelled with the apostrophe).

I really recommend Suspiria, from a few years earlier, if you haven't seen it.  There have certainly not been enough movies set in sinister ballet schools in the German mountains.  It was also apparently the last film to be made entirely in Technicolor, which Argento really uses to great effect.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Martinus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 10, 2009, 01:33:12 PM

I saw it on Valentine's Day and thought it was great, but very bleak, and maybe not the best choice for the occasion.   :Embarrass:
It's nothing. I have a friend who took his date out for "Bigger, Longer and Uncut". Let's say it was her first and last date with him. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 10, 2009, 01:44:26 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 09, 2009, 05:47:33 PM
Tenebrae, an Italian slasher film, which I quite enjoyed.  Wonderful soundtrack, however.

I loved Tenebrae.  It managed to be kind of silly and also somehow very moving at the same time.  A fun fact is that the author's object of desire/humiliation in the beach flashbacks was played by famous Italian transsexual Eva Robin's (spelled with the apostrophe).

I really recommend Suspiria, from a few years earlier, if you haven't seen it.  There have certainly not been enough movies set in sinister ballet schools in the German mountains.  It was also apparently the last film to be made entirely in Technicolor, which Argento really uses to great effect.
What's Tenebrae about?

Norgy

I liked it.

Neil

Quote from: Korea on April 10, 2009, 12:31:05 PM
Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer

Better than the first one but still meh

It does make me want to go back and read some Silver Surfer comics though. He seems like an interesting fella.
He is.  The movie ruined both him and Galactus.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Chord

Watchmen...and now I am terrified to go back to the movies.  I simply can't continue to waste time and money like that.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

Sheilbh

Ken Loach's magnificent and heartbreaking film, Land and Freedom.  It's stunning.  Though, bizarrely, I think I slightly prefer his similarly excellent Wind that Shakes the Barley.
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: Aurakles on April 10, 2009, 05:25:29 PM
Watchmen...and now I am terrified to go back to the movies.  I simply can't continue to waste time and money like that.
Be less poor.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.