And we're back!

Main Menu

Movies you've recently watched

Started by FunkMonk, March 10, 2009, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 19, 2009, 08:03:36 AM
Hopefully  :P

Well, I checked the box before buying, because that was a criterium for my purchase. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

larchie-
Yeah I've been wanting to check it out, i was under impression was coming out in wider release than it has had over here...
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

BuddhaRhubarb

Watch the live action version of "Blood The Last Vampire." Stays pretty true to the anime (of which I've seen one episode) Okay vampire slashy film I guess moves along at a decent clip. The main villainess is very stiff performance wise. Everyone else seemed to be having fun hamming it up though. a couple of the fight scenes are well choreographed if a bit too crouching tiger-ish.

6.9 Vampire hunting Japanese schoolgirls who still look hot despite being hundreds of year old outta 10
:p

Savonarola

Satan Met a Lady (1936)

This is one of three movie versions of "The Maltese Falcon" and the most... visionary of all.  Rather than a hard boiled detective film, this is more along the lines of a screwball comedy filled with lighthearted banter and witty conversation.  Warren Williams plays Sam Spade as though he was William Powell after one too many cups of coffee.  Bette Davis plays the Iva Archer roll; she does a decent job, but with the films tone she's not really believable as a femme fatale.  The film is funny in all the wrong places and for all the wrong reasons, but it's still watchable.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Cerr

Up. It was ok. Not really sure why some critics were raving about it. There were some funny bits in it but it was pretty much a standard formulaic Pixar film.

Cerr

Zombieland. Funny and entertaining.
Well worth seeing and the cameo was hilarious. :lol:
Looking forward to seeing the inevitable sequel.

DisturbedPervert

Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War.  A Korean Korean War movie about two brothers fighting for the south after the north invades.  One of the best war movies I've seen lately.  Some brutal stuff going on.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Quote from: Cerr on October 19, 2009, 01:37:26 PM
Up. It was ok. Not really sure why some critics were raving about it. There were some funny bits in it but it was pretty much a standard formulaic Pixar film.

The old man was awesome.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Got my annual Casablanca watch in last night. :thumbsup:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 19, 2009, 08:01:50 PM

Going to go catch a restored archival print of Touch of Evil on the big screen Thursday night myself.  Art houses FTW.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 19, 2009, 09:49:55 PM

Going to go catch a restored archival print of Touch of Evil on the big screen Thursday night myself.  Art houses FTW.

Well I saw Casablanca on my Netflix Instant Queue.  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Alatriste

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 19, 2009, 09:56:16 PM

Useless but interesting trivia that I checked after watching 'Casablanca' in Bluray: Captain Renault's medals are 100% accurate. I didn't check all the details of his uniform but the five-pointed star seems accurate too for Moroccan colonial units.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Alatriste on October 20, 2009, 12:54:40 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 19, 2009, 09:56:16 PM

Useless but interesting trivia that I checked after watching 'Casablanca' in Bluray: Captain Renault's medals are 100% accurate. I didn't check all the details of his uniform but the five-pointed star seems accurate too for Moroccan colonial units.

And yet somehow the "I was with the Americans in 1918 when they blundered into Berlin" line exists.  :face:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help