News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Movies you've recently watched

Started by FunkMonk, March 10, 2009, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 01, 2009, 12:25:06 PM
Watched "Georgia Rule" last night. Lindsay Lohan goes to Idaho and gives a Mormon a BJ, in a boat.

Well, that's certainly *one* reaction to those door to door preachers. But don't they usually come in pairs?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Queequeg

Bodas de Sangre, minimalist film semi-adaptation, really a flamenco semi-ballet.  Really beautiful in parts.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5JuKHILXww That really caught me off guard, beautiful. 

Also, if anyone can tell the difference between Andalusians and Arabs without the language or the hijab is a genius.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

HVC

Watching Slapshot for the first time.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

Quote from: HVC on April 01, 2009, 09:52:24 PM

And you wonder why you are still called a porkchop/eggplant !

No self respecting Canadian can say they haven't seen Slapshot sheesh.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Quote from: katmai on April 01, 2009, 09:54:11 PM

My excuse is that i was born 7 years after it was released lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Admiral Yi

Some movie with Simon Pegg and the David Schwimmer about botching a blackmail attempt.  It was crap.

Oh, and Simon could use a few Pilates.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2009, 02:34:33 AM
Some movie with Simon Pegg and the David Schwimmer about botching a blackmail attempt.  It was crap.

Oh, and Simon could use a few Pilates.

A DOUGHY ENGLISHMAN? WHAT A SHOCKER.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: HVC on April 01, 2009, 10:06:20 PM

Not a good enough excuse. A real Canadian would have been in a coma or deaf dumb & blind as the only reasons not to have seen Slapshot.
:p

charliebear

12 Angry Men

I recall someone here making a comment about Languish being like the movie "12 Angry Men," so I felt like I needed to watch it when it was on recently.

I liked it.

HVC

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 02, 2009, 11:44:56 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 01, 2009, 10:06:20 PM

Not a good enough excuse. A real Canadian would have been in a coma or deaf dumb & blind as the only reasons not to have seen Slapshot.
i've heard about it lots before i watched it. not sure if that's better or worse lol

Grey Fox

Quote from: charliebear on April 02, 2009, 11:46:19 AM
12 Angry Men

I recall someone here making a comment about Languish being like the movie "12 Angry Men," so I felt like I needed to watch it when it was on recently.

I liked it.

Original with H. Fonda?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

I was unaware of the TV remake until you posted this.  With that cast, I am astonished that I could have missed it.

However, I cannot imagine that it improved upon the original, and cannot understand what would drive the industry to spend the money they must have spent (given the cast) on a remake.

I guess I can imagine the remake being as good as the original, if that cast performed to their billing.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

Quote from: grumbler on April 02, 2009, 05:06:10 PM
I was unaware of the TV remake until you posted this.  With that cast, I am astonished that I could have missed it.

However, I cannot imagine that it improved upon the original, and cannot understand what would drive the industry to spend the money they must have spent (given the cast) on a remake.

I guess I can imagine the remake being as good as the original, if that cast performed to their billing.

IIRC it was something that Petersen and Friedkin just wanted to do it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

Let the right one in- Rather good Swedish film about a kid who makes friends with the vampire next door. It avoids the ending scene that you can see in your head from really early on though strongly hints at it...can't decide if thats a wise or a bad move.
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

Re-watched the original Peter Sellers Pink Panther this afternoon. Still awesome. :D
Experience bij!