News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[PC]Civilization V coming!

Started by Syt, February 18, 2010, 12:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Pitboss, aka PBEM mode, is being patched in today before BNW comes out next week.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Tamas

I am. Yet to reach the end game, but the trade routes are actually a nice addition instead of the chore I was afraid they would be.

Syt

The steam ship with the digital copy doesn't arrive in Europe before Friday.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on July 10, 2013, 09:05:58 AM

VPNed to unlock my full-legal Euro preorder :cool:

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on July 10, 2013, 09:20:16 AM

You know that that's a bannable offense on Steam, right.?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on July 10, 2013, 09:25:37 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 10, 2013, 09:20:16 AM

You know that that's a bannable offense on Steam, right.?

this is Tamas...  It is the least of his digital sins.

Tamas

:rolleyes:

I didn't cheat Steam out of a single penny, I preordered for my proper price in Euros. I know they don't allow it, but evidence suggests they don't really give a damn.
I think it doesn't matter for them.

Like Amazon, when I wanted to buy an e-book shipable only to a US address, they note was like "We are sorry but we can only sell this to a US address. BY THE WAY, click this link if you want to change your adress".

Grey Fox

Fuck the old archaic rules of B&M stores.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on July 10, 2013, 10:38:15 AM

I didn't cheat Steam out of a single penny, I preordered for my proper price in Euros. I know they don't allow it, but evidence suggests they don't really give a damn.
I think it doesn't matter for them.

Like Amazon, when I wanted to buy an e-book shipable only to a US address, they note was like "We are sorry but we can only sell this to a US address. BY THE WAY, click this link if you want to change your adress".
Depends on how you view it.  Steam has an agreement with the companies on when they are allowed to sell their games.  They have to enforce such agreements in good faith to avoid contractual troubles.

Razgovory

So is it any good?   The game, not the Hungarian criminal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Yes I am enjoying the new features, but I think one of the big drawbacks of the trade system is that I am in the 1500s on a normal map and turn resolution is as sluggish as if it was in the 20th century already.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2013, 10:14:15 PM
So is it any good?   The game, not the Hungarian criminal.
It's shit.  Or the shit.  :hmm: I can never tell when to use articles.  :(

Camerus

The shit = great
Shit = dreadful

:smarty: