News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Campus Violence: Attack of the Faculty

Started by CountDeMoney, February 13, 2010, 01:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on February 26, 2010, 09:50:36 AM
Quote from: grumbler on February 26, 2010, 09:16:19 AM
Quoteople like her who are a savant in one narrow area of life, but utter morons in every other area, amuse me.
I don't think this is a matter of her being a moron, but rather of her being delusional.
It occurred to me after I wrote that post that she also might be doing stuff like that in an effort to appear as insane as possible, in order to pull off an insanity plea.
Possible, but she has been doing nutty stuff all her life.

The insanity defense requires that her lawyers demonstrate that she could not tell right from wrong, not that she was merely insane.  I am not sure requests like the one you mentioned help with that.  They probably don't hurt, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on February 26, 2010, 08:07:52 AM
I heard an update on this story on the radio this morning... apparently she recently asked her attorney to see if he could find out if she's going to get fired from her teaching job. :lmfao:

People like her who are a savant in one narrow area of life, but utter morons in every other area, amuse me.
That's really dumb.  I'm sure she's aware of the fact that she does not have tenure.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

Of course she might be thinking now that it will be easier to get tenure, with all the departmental vacancies and whatnot.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

What is hilarious is nobody noticed the man camel toe he had there.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DGuller on February 28, 2010, 12:14:56 AM
Quote from: Caliga on February 26, 2010, 08:07:52 AM
I heard an update on this story on the radio this morning... apparently she recently asked her attorney to see if he could find out if she's going to get fired from her teaching job. :lmfao:

People like her who are a savant in one narrow area of life, but utter morons in every other area, amuse me.
That's really dumb.  I'm sure she's aware of the fact that she does not have tenure.
Depending on the college she might have a shot if she cast herself a women rebelling against the patriarchal capitalist repression that is extant throughout Western society.  She should have stayed up here and lived in The People's Republic of Cambridge.
PDH!

Jaron

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2010, 07:13:07 PM

I think it is more hilarious that you are the only one who did. Stop checking out Picard's package!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2010, 07:08:13 PM
You have absolutely no idea how bad it is.

They're sabotaging each other, stalking each other, harrassing each other, spoofing each other's emails, trashing each other's laptops, killing each other's lab animals...and those aren't even the foreign nationals, who are even batshit crazier.

Of course, as Corporate Security, we have to look the other way.  If it's a darkie in Environmental Services or some chick in Billing, they're fired, arrested, and even sued...but visiting faculty or a post-doc?  Well, then it's dealt with "administratively".
Is Environmental Services newspeak for janitor?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on February 28, 2010, 09:21:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 17, 2010, 07:08:13 PM
You have absolutely no idea how bad it is.

They're sabotaging each other, stalking each other, harrassing each other, spoofing each other's emails, trashing each other's laptops, killing each other's lab animals...and those aren't even the foreign nationals, who are even batshit crazier.

Of course, as Corporate Security, we have to look the other way.  If it's a darkie in Environmental Services or some chick in Billing, they're fired, arrested, and even sued...but visiting faculty or a post-doc?  Well, then it's dealt with "administratively".
Is Environmental Services newspeak for janitor?

Housekeepers.  Although we've got no houses on campus.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jaron on February 28, 2010, 09:19:48 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2010, 07:13:07 PM

I think it is more hilarious that you are the only one who did. Stop checking out Picard's package!

I CAN'T HELP IT.