News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on September 24, 2009, 09:42:38 AM
No chance of a turn around until the Duel gets his shot, I am afraid...

His brilliant bench standing is the sort of athletic brilliance that team needs to turn it around.

Maybe the defense just needs to learn how to score.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: PDH on September 24, 2009, 09:42:38 AM
Changed kickers to a walk-on too...

Dusty Mangum, hero, was a walk on kicker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU3ofrr8Jio (~2:40)

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 24, 2009, 09:44:30 AM
Quote from: PDH on September 24, 2009, 09:43:25 AM
Wyoming will be on alert for fans showing up.

METH!
See, that brings 'em in, but when the team is awful they just go outside of town to the trailor park for their fix...Wyoming is THAT BAD.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 24, 2009, 09:45:43 AM
Dusty Mangum, hero, was a walk on kicker:
I am not sure if Wyoming's walk-on kicker has two legs...we should recruit those Colorado girl-kickers...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 24, 2009, 09:45:43 AM
Dusty Mangum, hero, was a walk on kicker

The only reason for that was that Mack was experimenting with not offering scholarships to kickers and relying entirely on competition between walk ons.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 24, 2009, 09:47:58 AM
The only reason for that was that Mack was experimenting with not offering scholarships to kickers and relying entirely on competition between walk ons.

Yeah we saw how that worked out after Dusty left.  :lol: 

But hey, you never know.

Edit:  What was it...the Nebraska game where that guy kept missing FGs, got replaced during the game, and finally convinced Mack to give a scholarship to the kid from Boerne?  I think I remember it being snowy and the Horns playing a red team.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 24, 2009, 09:49:18 AM
Edit:  What was it...the Nebraska game where that guy kept missing FGs, got replaced during the game, and finally convinced Mack to give a scholarship to the kid from Boerne?

Well it was the 2006 season no doubt, but that specific game does stand out.

It would have been nice if losing Mason Crosby to Colorado had been enough but noooo.

Valmy

Here is this weeks bottom 10:

Quote1. Western Kentucky 0-3 "Buck up, little camper, we'll beat that slope together." The winless Hilltoppers face a bumpy course in 2009, but the Bottom 10 will be along for the ride.
2. Miami (Ohio) 0-3 "I think it's in my best interest if I went out with someone more popular." Since the RedHawks finally scored last week, the Bottom 10 turned its crush to WKU. 
3. Ball State 0-3 "This isn't funny, Charles! If I don't have a dream, I have nothing." The Cardinals can dream, but the Bottom 10 reality is that passing WKU or Miami is unlikely. 
4. New Mexico 0-3 "Man, you're the hottest thing since sunburns!" If the Lobos can't beat New Mexico State at home Saturday, they will be an even hotter Bottom 10 team. 
5. Lane Meyer 0-2 "You would do well to do as mother says, Lane Meyer." If Lane Kiffin and Urban Meyer can't say anything nice, they shouldn't say anything at all. Looks like they're headed back to the SEC principal's office.
6. Rice 0-3 "Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn." Sounds like something the Owls have heard. Rice's defense is last in the nation in scoring defense.
7. Temple 0-2 "I want my two dollars!" The Owls will get that and much more from Penn State after traveling to Happy Valley and losing 31-6 to the Nittany Lions.
8. Eastern Michigan 0-3 "Friends ... You know, friends." For a short time, it looked good for the Eagles in Ann Arbor, but neighboring Michigan didn't end up treating them like a friend.
9. Virginia 0-3 "Truly a sight to behold. A man beaten. The once-great champ, now a study in moppishness." But with IU and Duke next, there could be hope for the Cavs.
10. F_U 0-4 "Well, you'll make a fine little helper. What's your name?" There's nothing the Bottom 10 likes more than a reunion of Florida Atlantic and Florida International.

jimmy olsen

What's up with the fights in Kansas? :huh:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

OK, updated records in non-conference games through week 3, same format as before:

ACC         15-11;     9-8;     3-6;   2-4
Big East   16-5;       9-4;     3-5;   0-2
Big 10      23-9;     17-7;     5-6;   1-3
Big 12      23-9;     17-9;     4-6;   1-2
Pac 10     19-6;     15-6;     7-4;   2-3
SEC         19-2;     15-2;     5-2;   1-1

CUSA       13-13;   6-13;     2-9;    1-5
MAC         11-24;   5-23;     3-17;  0-6
MWC        14-10;   8-12;     3-8;    1-1
SB              8-16;   5-15;     2-12;  0-5
WAC          8-13;    4-12;     2-7;    1-7

Bonus:  1-A teams that lost to 1-AA opponents:  Temple (MAC), Virginia (ACC), Duke (ACC), Ball State (MAC), Western Kentucky (SB).

Again, if anyone sees anything I've gotten wrong, let me know and I'll correct it.

MadBurgerMaker

I just found out the Alamo Bowl is changing in 2010 to take the #2 Pac-10 and the #2 Big 12 teams instead of the #4 or 5 Big 10 and #5 Big 12.  I hope tickets don't suddenly become really hard to get.

Syt

Dear Hod, the castrato commentator at the Indiana - Michigan game is insufferable to listen to. :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PDH

Syt discovers Pam Ward?
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 26, 2009, 12:32:05 PM
Dear Hod, the castrato commentator at the Indiana - Michigan game is insufferable to listen to. :bleeding:

Yeah, but it's such a fun game.