News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

MSU-ND is the game I will be watching this weekend.  I was very impressed with ND's passing game last weekend, and suspect that this may be a ND blowout.  Weiss could not possibly miss the motivator that ND does not want to be the team that lost to the team that lost to Central Michigan.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

stjaba

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 18, 2009, 07:02:57 PM
Expect Florida to try their best tomorrow to hit the 80 point mark with the score in The Swamp.  There will be more Volunteer corpses on the field not seen since Chickamauga.

I'd like that, but UT's defense is actually pretty decent. The other possible reason I don't see Urban trying to run up the score too much is that he is friends with Papa Kiffin, UT's defensive coordinator. Still, the line is 29, which is quite high for a SEC intra-conference play.

sbr

Quote from: stjaba on September 18, 2009, 10:55:50 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 18, 2009, 07:02:57 PM
Expect Florida to try their best tomorrow to hit the 80 point mark with the score in The Swamp.  There will be more Volunteer corpses on the field not seen since Chickamauga.

I'd like that, but UT's defense is actually pretty decent. The other possible reason I don't see Urban trying to run up the score too much is that he is friends with Papa Kiffin, UT's defensive coordinator. Still, the line is 29, which is quite high for a SEC intra-conference play.

I think BaBy Kiffin has done enough this off-season for Urban to forget his friendship with Papa for a few hours.

Ed Anger

Ohio State might go to a spread option like the one they did when Troy Smith was there. Which will either be highly productive or highly amusing.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Line for Arizona-Iowa is Iowa by 6. That is probably about right, especially since it looks like Rob Gronkowski will not be playing. In fact, the rumors are that he is not going to play at all this year. :(
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 19, 2009, 07:05:03 AM
Ohio State might go to a spread option like the one they did when Troy Smith was there. Which will either be highly productive or highly amusing.
I fully expect Tressel to decide the most conservative, and therefore best, thing to do is punt on 3rd downs now.  I wonder who got all of his enthusiasm and experimentation, that weird chubby Wyomingite coaching Texas Tech?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on September 19, 2009, 08:28:02 AM
I fully expect Tressel to decide the most conservative, and therefore best, thing to do is punt on 3rd downs now.  I wonder who got all of his enthusiasm and experimentation, that weird chubby Wyomingite coaching Texas Tech?

He wears the Sweater vest of conservative play calling +5, with Michigan slaying ability.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

They have to do something, Pryor will never be a great quarterback, but if they open the offense up and let him run more aggressively and make more chances he can be an elite college player.

MadImmortalMan

Frankly, I hope they don't. I'd rather see tOSU play Big Ten football and go 9-3 than start playing scrub school ball and go 11-1.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

Minnesota's new stadium looks pretty nice.  It was also loud as hell earlier when they tied it up, etc, but not so much anymore.

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 19, 2009, 02:06:35 PM
Frankly, I hope they don't. I'd rather see tOSU play Big Ten football and go 9-3 than start playing scrub school ball and go 11-1.

Well then they need to stop getting personel who are shitty at Big Ten football and are ideal for scrub school ball like Pryor.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Aaaannd...Oregon, almost unbelievably, reaches new lows with this weeks uniform.  :bleeding:  It's like there's a guy in a room somewhere at Nike seeing just how far he can take things before someone tells him no.

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 19, 2009, 02:34:07 PM
Aaaannd...Oregon, almost unbelievably, reaches new lows with this weeks uniform.  :bleeding:  It's like there's a guy in a room somewhere at Nike seeing just how far he can take things before someone tells him no.

These are pretty bad.  Nice punt return though.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on September 19, 2009, 02:45:15 PM
These are pretty bad.  Nice punt return though.

Yeah that was. 

MadBurgerMaker

Bleh.  Huskers and Hokies game is blacked out or something.  I had it all planned out too.  Florida - Tennessee and Nebraska - VaTech on the main TV using some new thing DirecTV did to my DVR (some sort of last channel thing that lets you pause and rewind and such both channels, etc), then Oregon - Utah, Arizona - Iowa, and Washington - USC on ESPN360.

But no.  ITS ALL RUINED NOW

Edit:  Whoa they just took the "blacked out" tag off of it, switched from SC - UW, and it's on.  I should bitch about such things more often.  I wonder why they suddenly decided to start showing the game ~10 minutes into the first quarter.