News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on September 17, 2009, 10:46:25 AM
Oh and may Wyoming beat Colorado.  So let it be written so let it be done.
Well, Wyoming has a quality defense, an athletic QB, suspended receivers are back, and Colorado sucked massive ass in the first two games.  I sure am hoping...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

The Colorado secondary looked like they had planted roots in that Toledo game.

Valmy

Behold the bottom 10:

Quote1. Miami (Ohio) 0-2 "Dirty Dancing": The RedHawks haven't registered a point on offense so far this season and have been outscored 90-0. Doubt they are having the time of their lives.
2. Western Kentucky 0-2 "The Outsiders": Darrell, Soda, Ponyboy and the rest of the gang were outsiders. Newbie WKU is getting the same treatment from the FBS establishment. 
3. Ball State 0-2 "Red Dawn": After losing to Football Championship Subdivision school New Hampshire, the Cardinals definitely aren't showing the same kind of fight Jed and the Wolverines did. 
4. Rice 0-2 "To Wong Foo Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar": "Attitude is everything" was the tagline of a title that demanded inclusion. The Owls' D, which is giving up 49.5 points per game, needs a new attitude. 
5. Colorado 0-2 "Point Break": Bodhi craved 100 percent pure adrenaline. The Buffs could use some of that after getting drilled in Toledo put them on their backs. 
6. Tulane 0-2 "Road House": How did it feel to get bounced from the Double Deuce by Dalton? Ask the Green Wave. They take a beating almost every Saturday.
7. New Mexico 0-2 "Next Of Kin": New Mexico State won its way off the Bottom 10, but no need for revenge in the Land of Disenchantment. The Lobos are ready to step into the Aggies' place.
8. Temple 0-1 "City of Joy": Why was the City of Brotherly Love transformed into the City of Joy last week? Well, the Owls had a bye week.
9. Eastern Michigan 0-2 "Steel Dawn": Nomad was a desert warrior, carving the future with his sword. The Eagles tried to carve a new future at Northwestern, but fell just short and remain in the Bottom 10 desert.
10. Virginia 0-2 "Youngblood": Al Groh appears to be on thin ice in Charlottesville. If the Cavs don't turn things around, a hot new coaching prospect could be skating into town after 2009.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I refuse to call Miami of Ohio the Redhawks. They will always be the Redskins to me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Fuck PC name changes.  Miami area has a long link to Indians AND mistreatment of them.  That name was perfect.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

CDM'S LEAD PIPE LOCK OF THE WEEK

The Mustangs of Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo upsets the Bobcats of Ohio on the road.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Hurricanes cutting up the Yellow Jackets pretty bad.

stjaba

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 17, 2009, 08:59:38 PM
Hurricanes cutting up the Yellow Jackets pretty bad.

Canes look like they might finally be back.

ulmont

Eddie Teach

Quote from: stjaba on September 17, 2009, 09:32:51 PM

Was bound to happen. Huge party school and great weather makes an attractive sojourn for athletes who are sure they're headed for the NFL.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 17, 2009, 09:52:34 PM
Quote from: stjaba on September 17, 2009, 09:32:51 PM

Was bound to happen. Huge party school and great weather makes an attractive sojourn for athletes who are sure they're headed for the NFL.
The fact of the matter is that Florida could only fit so many players on its roster, leaving many great players looking for another school in state.

The revival of Miami is good for college football.  Gives everyone something to despise, and keeps Florida from becoming too dominant.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

You know, I didn't think it was possible to despise the Tennessee program any more when Fulmer was running it.  The sheer outrageous hubris and naked arrogance of flouting NCAA regulations by Fatass Phil Fulmer, while "anonymously" narcing out other programs behind closed doors...they were the Dubya Administration of the NCAA.

But man, Lane Kiffin really makes you want to hate them...at first I thought, well, maybe Al Davis is getting more senile, but no...Kiffin is all that of an asshole and a bag of chips. 

Expect Florida to try their best tomorrow to hit the 80 point mark with the score in The Swamp.  There will be more Volunteer corpses on the field not seen since Chickamauga.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 18, 2009, 07:02:57 PM

There will be more Volunteer corpses on the field not seen since Chickamauga.

:lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 18, 2009, 07:02:57 PM
You know, I didn't think it was possible to despise the Tennessee program any more when Fulmer was running it.  The sheer outrageous hubris and naked arrogance of flouting NCAA regulations by Fatass Phil Fulmer, while "anonymously" narcing out other programs behind closed doors...they were the Dubya Administration of the NCAA.

But man, Lane Kiffin really makes you want to hate them...at first I thought, well, maybe Al Davis is getting more senile, but no...Kiffin is all that of an asshole and a bag of chips. 

Expect Florida to try their best tomorrow to hit the 80 point mark with the score in The Swamp.  There will be more Volunteer corpses on the field not seen since Chickamauga.
Actually, I hated Fulmer but still respected UT football, until Kiffin.  His hire is more slimey than RichRods, and with less justification.  I am half-hoping that Michigan gets UT as a bowl opponent this year, and half-hoping UT doesn't make a bowl.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!