And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 13, 2009, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 13, 2009, 06:19:04 PM
They won 40-14, nothing there to change my mind. They're still the only team in the top 5 with a quality win.

USC?
I said quality opponent.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on September 13, 2009, 06:31:42 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 13, 2009, 05:42:11 PM
Do you still think Bama should be #1 after their stellar win over Florida International?
They won 40-14, nothing there to change my mind. They're still the only team in the top 5 with a quality win.
So are you bandwagoning for them now?

Poor CdM.  Now he won't have a Fighting Irish Buddy on the forum.
I just call 'em like I see 'em. I still love the Irish.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 13, 2009, 06:34:50 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 13, 2009, 06:31:42 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 13, 2009, 05:42:11 PM
Do you still think Bama should be #1 after their stellar win over Florida International?
So are you bandwagoning for them now?

Poor CdM.  Now he won't have a Fighting Irish Buddy on the forum.
I just call 'em like I see 'em. I still love the Irish.

Go fuck yourself.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 13, 2009, 06:34:27 PM
I said quality opponent.

I know you did, which is why I thought you were referring to USC, but just made a little mistake and started talking about Bama for some reason.

Valmy

I said quality opponent.

Did Alabama play a third game because the only other win I see is that untalented punchless group of tools from Blacksburg.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Well, if you're going by who's beaten the best team, BYU should be #1.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 13, 2009, 04:05:33 PM
The B12 should replace Iowa State with Wyoming.

Going from the Mountain West to the Big 12 north would be a major step down.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2009, 07:06:12 PM
Going from the Mountain West to the Big 12 north would be a major step down.

Maybe, but they could at least play in the B12 championship every year, only one win from a BCS bowl. :yes:

dps

Updated records in non-conference games  (format:  conference;  record in all non-conference games, record in non-conference games against 1-A opponents (none of that FBS/FCS crap for me);  record in non-conference games against teams in BCS AQ conferences;  record against non-conference top 25 opponents):

ACC         10-8;     6-5;     2-5;   0-3
Big East   10-3;     4-3;     0-3;   0-2
Big 10      17-5;   12-3;     4-3;   1-2
Big 12      16-6;   11-6;     3-1;   1-1
Pac 10      13-4;    9-4;     4-2;   1-2
SEC          13-2;    9-2;     3-2;   1-1

CUSA          8-8;    2-8;     1-5;    1-4
MAC          8-17;   4-16;    2-13;   0-3
MWC         11-6;    6-6;     3-5;    1-1
SB             6-10;   3-10;    1-8;    0-3
WAC          6-8;     3-8;      2-5;   1-5

Bonus:  1-A teams that lost to 1-AA opponents:  Temple (MAC), Virginia (ACC), Duke (ACC), Ball State (MAC).

Again, if anyone sees anything I've gotten wrong, let me know and I'll correct it.

EDIT:  Fixed MAC record against BCS AQ conferences from 1-13 to 2-13.

Valmy

College Gameday called my office this afternoon to get their computer and phone services set up!  It looks like Kirk Herbstreit will be drinking girlie margaritas in an El Arroyo in Austin shortly.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2009, 03:42:47 PM
College Gameday called my office this afternoon to get their computer and phone services set up!  It looks like Kirk Herbstreit will be drinking girlie margaritas in an El Arroyo in Austin shortly.

Don't insult Herbie. His kids sliced Corso up Saturday.  :P
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 13, 2009, 06:53:08 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 13, 2009, 06:34:27 PM
I said quality opponent.

I know you did, which is why I thought you were referring to USC, but just made a little mistake and started talking about Bama for some reason.

Tim lives in his own world. A parallel universe in which a different college football season is taking place.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

I like all the predictions that Urban Meyer is going to run up the score and assrape the Vols. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy like Lane Kiffin.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Urban was good at Utah, and really other than the fact that he has been deified I can see no reason to dislike him.

Of course, Texas still has to win the championship so that I can puff up my chest and say "Well, Wyoming led them in the 2nd quarter."
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2009, 05:52:53 PM
I like all the predictions that Urban Meyer is going to run up the score and assrape the Vols. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy like Lane Kiffin.

No predictions involved.  It is established fact.  Florida is going to score at every opportunity on that fag.