And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Pffft, the Vols...

Wyoming beat them last year.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on September 15, 2009, 05:54:48 PM
Of course, Texas still has to win the championship so that I can puff up my chest and say "Well, Wyoming led them in the 2nd quarter."

Speaking of which it seems that bizarre faked punt was the punters own initiative.  It seems the coaching staff instructed him to go ahead and run if he feels he can make it but neglected to mention to not do it out of his own end zone :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2009, 05:57:24 PM
No predictions involved.  It is established fact.  Florida is going to score at every opportunity on that fag.

Bandwagoning?  I can't say I am not disappointed in you.

But hey I guess there is not much to cheer about in Terp land this season.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2009, 10:13:02 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 15, 2009, 05:57:24 PM
No predictions involved.  It is established fact.  Florida is going to score at every opportunity on that fag.

Bandwagoning?  I can't say I am not disappointed in you.

But hey I guess there is not much to cheer about in Terp land this season.

I've been cheering Florida since the days of Spurrier after the '93 Bowl with the Irish, when the state's greatest high school prospect signed with The Ol' Ball Coach, who promptly destroyed him. One day, Spurrier shall return to where he belongs.

And no, Terpville is a desolate wasteland this season.

CountDeMoney

Oh, and Tennessee represents all that is evil and corrupt in college football, even without Fattie Fulmer there.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2009, 05:18:27 AM
Oh, and Tennessee represents all that is evil and corrupt in college football, even without Fattie Fulmer there.

stop dissing my cousin!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Is there a fatter coach in football than Charlie Weis?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2009, 10:12:23 PM
Speaking of which it seems that bizarre faked punt was the punters own initiative.  It seems the coaching staff instructed him to go ahead and run if he feels he can make it but neglected to mention to not do it out of his own end zone :P

Yeah, Mack Brown mentioned that he had done it on his own during the quick halftime interview.  I don't think I've ever heard him (kindasorta) call a player out like that before.

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 16, 2009, 05:28:50 AM
Is there a fatter coach in football than Charlie Weis?

I think it is safe to say Mark Mangino could consume any coach in Div I and still have room for a few Div III linemen.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 16, 2009, 06:35:25 AM
Yeah, Mack Brown mentioned that he had done it on his own during the quick halftime interview.  I don't think I've ever heard him (kindasorta) call a player out like that before.

Yeah that is out of character.  I think emotions were running a bit high on the Texas sideline after all the fuckups on special teams in that first half though.

charliebear

I've got a friendly wager on this weekend's MSU/Notre Dame game.  Go Green!

Valmy

Quote from: charliebear on September 16, 2009, 09:50:02 AM

The only thing better than MSU's spectacular ability to lose in hilarious ways is their bizarre ability to always beat Notre Dame in South Bend.

If only they had gotten to play Notre Dame there in 1966 they could have been national champions.

charliebear

Quote from: Valmy on September 16, 2009, 09:51:58 AM
Quote from: charliebear on September 16, 2009, 09:50:02 AM

The only thing better than MSU's spectacular ability to lose in hilarious ways is their bizarre ability to always beat Notre Dame in South Bend.

If only they had gotten to play Notre Dame there in 1966 they could have been national champions.

You just had to bring that up, didn't you.   :rolleyes: