News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2009

Started by Ed Anger, April 04, 2009, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Oh, and you Big XII apologists can go suck it.  Two Top 5 teams losing to non-con opponents in the first two weeks?  That's worse than usual.

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 12, 2009, 09:58:17 PM
MB is getting a good show after all.  :)

Yes. The place was a nuthouse. My ears are still ringing a bit, and we wore earplugs.

I'm mildly annoyed, but hey, the bucks wasn't blown out.  :P
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 12, 2009, 10:37:08 PM
I don't know which phrase was mentioned the most: "true freshman" by Brent Mussberger during the game, or "Praise God" by said true freshman after it.

Thing is, he didn't even have such a stellar game. 15-31? That's not exactly Joe Montana territory.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 13, 2009, 07:00:27 AM

Yes. The place was a nuthouse. My ears are still ringing a bit, and we wore earplugs.

I saw you guys on TV.  I could tell it was you, because your wife was the one with the Buckeyes sippy cup.

charliebear

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 12, 2009, 04:06:29 PM

Only thing bad about the Michigan state game was Pam "Froggy" Ward in the fucking booth. WHO IS SHE BLOWING AT ESPN? :mad:

I don't care for her, either. 

It may be a loooong season for my Spartans.

charliebear

Notre Dame should not have lost that game.  Could they not figure out the Michigan was going to pass for the last several plays to gain yardage?  The UM offense went through the ND defense like a hot knife through butter.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 13, 2009, 08:51:30 AM
I saw you guys on TV.  I could tell it was you, because your wife was the one with the Buckeyes sippy cup.
:lol:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 13, 2009, 08:51:30 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 13, 2009, 07:00:27 AM

:lol:

Ed Anger

I forgot the most awesome part.  Jack Tatum was at the game. Annihilator of patriots.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: charliebear on September 13, 2009, 09:23:07 AM
Notre Dame should not have lost that game.  Could they not figure out the Michigan was going to pass for the last several plays to gain yardage?  The UM offense went through the ND defense like a hot knife through butter.

No, they shouldn't have.  But they had a 73 yard pass wiped out by a penalty, several drops in the endzone, and an overall inconsistent performance.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 13, 2009, 09:44:31 AM
No, they shouldn't have.  But they had a 73 yard pass wiped out by a penalty, several drops in the endzone, and an overall inconsistent performance.
Both teams had some horrendous drops, but that is par for the course.  What surprised me was how poorly the secondaries of both teams played.  Those who think Wiess shouldn't have thrown on that second-to-last ND drive were not watching the same game I was - passing was clearly his best bet. The problem was that Michigan's D-line was teeing off against the pass, and Clauson couldn't escape the pressure.

I think Michigan certainly stood a better chance against ND than MSU did against Central Michigan.  CMU had lost something like four straight to MSU, and they were due.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

I will always treasure the fact that Wyoming led Texas 10-6 in the second quarter before giving up the next 35 points.  :)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2009, 06:10:52 PM
Oklahoma St lost!

Wow.

Big shocker there.

Seriously I babble on about how Oklahoma State can't play defense and they have been a bunch of miserable chockers for 100 years but nobody seems to listen.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on September 13, 2009, 11:18:17 AM
I will always treasure the fact that Wyoming led Texas 10-6 in the second quarter before giving up the next 35 points.  :)

Ok now just beat Colorado.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2009, 02:04:12 PM
Seriously I babble on about how Oklahoma State can't play defense and they have been a bunch of miserable chockers for 100 years but nobody seems to listen.

Butbutbut!  They were ranked #5!  :rolleyes: