News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hobbies

Started by Sheilbh, April 04, 2009, 10:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Do you have any?

Two of the guys I live with are very into (and quite good at) photography.  For me I've accidentally got very, very into baking.  I make an amazing white loaf and one day my brioche will be perfect.

Today I'm starting my sourdough starter and a 'monastery bread' which is wholemeal and full of oats.  Once the sourdough starter's done I want to make a few Irish sourdoughs and then move onto PUMPERNICKEL! :o

Incidentally it's also cheaper and tastier than my normal bread habits.  I've always been picky about bread so I spent quite a lot on it to begin with (Warburton or bust).  Now I'm under 50p a loaf.
Let's bomb Russia!

Strix

I make replica model airplanes (the remote controlled type). It's relaxing and a lot of fun (and profitable).
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

DontSayBanana

Musical instruments, photography, and hiking (although I don't do as much of it as I'd like) are the primary ones for me. I do dabble in a lot of other things, though. I guess I'm more of a "jack of all hobbies" than "jack of all trades."

For the past couple months, cooking and baking has been number one: it happens anytime I cross paths with my uncle, who's the executive chef at The Pub and Kitchen in Philly.
Experience bij!

Barrister

I'm a curler. :scots:

Just finished up for the season last weekend - played 6 games in 3 days, and curled two games a week during the season.  I typically play lead, which means I throw the first two stones.

I'd really like our team to make a try to win the Territorial Playdowns and get to the National Championship in 2010.  We're nowhere near good enough for most places, but in the Territories we'd stand a shot at it...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

God I love curling.  It's a brilliant sport.  I had no idea you were involved, though it makes sense.  You know, you're Canadian and stuff :p
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Guns, cars, books, computer and board games. Tried getting back to building model ships, but I want to take them out in the backyard and set fire to them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

syk

I like playing table football and fortunately get to play it a lot at work. Another work related hobby is playing Kubb. At least in the warmer months.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on April 04, 2009, 12:46:38 PM
I'm a curler. :scots:

Just finished up for the season last weekend - played 6 games in 3 days, and curled two games a week during the season.  I typically play lead, which means I throw the first two stones.

I'd really like our team to make a try to win the Territorial Playdowns and get to the National Championship in 2010.  We're nowhere near good enough for most places, but in the Territories we'd stand a shot at it...

I think you should buy Curling DS.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

I have plenty of hobbies I think about pursuing.

Razgovory

I don't have any hobbies.  I thought about photography but taking pictures of one room gets old after a while.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

I read, usually at least one book every other week, depending on the size.  I play wargames and usually spend a day on the weekends playing them while also having multiple PBEM games going on.  I have a large collection of antique firearms that I enjoy shooting, as well as a good chunk of militaria--odd bits and pieces, medals, uniforms, helmets, bayonets, etc.

Lately, I've taken up occasionally hiking up several of the mountain/hill paths near my home.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

citizen k

Painting 6mm figures for Warmaster Ancients.

DisturbedPervert

I like computer games, masturbation, and fish.

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 04, 2009, 01:15:28 PM
God I love curling.  It's a brilliant sport. 

Have you ever curled Sheilbh?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.