News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hobbies

Started by Sheilbh, April 04, 2009, 10:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on April 08, 2009, 10:26:19 AM
Finding patterns in unrelated things is what humans do.  It is in part why religion exists.

Did you ever notice that everytime a natural disaster strikes somebody was masturbating?  Clearly divine justice was being served.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

This thread makes me sad.

With curling over I really should try and find a summertime hobby, but nothing comes to mind.  I'd like to do more canoeing but that requires a second person...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 08, 2009, 10:28:44 AM

With curling over I really should try and find a summertime hobby, but nothing comes to mind.  I'd like to do more canoeing but that requires a second person...

You can kayak by yourself.  Why not try hiking and camping and so forth?  There is probably lots of nice nature type stuff to see out there in the Yukon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 08, 2009, 10:33:14 AM

You can kayak by yourself.  Why not try hiking and camping and so forth?  There is probably lots of nice nature type stuff to see out there in the Yukon.

I have a canoe - but I don't have a kayak.

And I've probably seen most of the day hikes within a short drive of Whitehorse by now.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on April 08, 2009, 10:36:54 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 08, 2009, 10:33:14 AM

I have a canoe - but I don't have a kayak.

And I've probably seen most of the day hikes within a short drive of Whitehorse by now.

Buy one!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

charliebear

Try your hand at growing vegetables.  Most of the record holders for largest vegetables come from your area of the country, what with those 20 hours of sun per day and all.

PDH

Beeb, You could try masturbating during natural disasters..
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Sheilbh

Quote from: PDH on April 08, 2009, 10:26:19 AM
Finding patterns in unrelated things is what humans do.  It is in part why religion exists.
To be fair I don't think the one's Marti just mentioned are terribly unrelated :mellow:

Marti:  I'm happy with my confirmation name.  St. Stephens, HO!  I knew a girl who chose Francis Xavier :lol:

BBoy:  My eldest brother and his wife used to canoe a lot.  They do it less now they have a little girl but it's great fun apparently.  Get your wife involved :contract:
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: PDH on April 08, 2009, 11:41:26 AM

Does that mean I'd have to wait for the next natural disaster before, you know...

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 08, 2009, 12:24:04 PM
BBoy:  My eldest brother and his wife used to canoe a lot.  They do it less now they have a little girl but it's great fun apparently.  Get your wife involved :contract:

That who I do go canoeing with - it is great fun!  Unfortunately we only manage to do it a couple of times a year, whereas I'd like to do it every weekend if it were up to me.

Valmy

And piss God off even more?

Jacob

Quote from: citizen k on April 04, 2009, 02:21:18 PM
Painting 6mm figures for Warmaster Ancients.

That looks like Polemos minis.

Do you play eras other than Alexander?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 08, 2009, 12:32:42 PM

Does that mean I'd have to wait for the next natural disaster before, you know...

I knew you would run out of things to do up there.

citizen k

Quote from: Jacob on April 08, 2009, 01:27:18 PM
Quote from: citizen k on April 04, 2009, 02:21:18 PM
Painting 6mm figures for Warmaster Ancients.

That looks like Polemos minis.

Do you play eras other than Alexander?
I don't play anything as I just started this crap last summer when you suggested we setup a Languish Minis club.  <_<

Warmaster has Medieval army rules out now, too. Hundred Years War FTW