And we're back!

Main Menu

Olympic Excitement

Started by Jacob, February 05, 2010, 02:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 26, 2010, 07:01:50 PM
Quote from: sbr on February 26, 2010, 06:30:27 PM
Did everyone see the outrage over the Canadian women celebrating on the ice last night?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10628735
Check out the oddball sport Kiwis follow.

I don't get the outrage either, but what are the advantages of slugging down a 2-4 on a frozen surface?

If we have to listen to outrage, it should at least have some stripping action footage to go along with it. Womens' soccer players know how to roll.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PRC

Canada up 2-0 over the Slovaks going into the 2nd period... Slovaks look way to defensive.  They need to start taking some chances if they want to succeed.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on February 24, 2010, 11:55:00 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 24, 2010, 11:22:50 PM
Beeb, we discussed at work yesterday: what kind of shoes do you guys use for curling? We ruled out spiked golf shoes and bowling shoes.

Yes, they are curling shoes.

One shoe has a piece of teflon on it.  That's your slider.  The other shoe just has a rubber sole with a lot of little pockmarks.  It's called your gripper, as it doesn't really slide at all.
I is genius. :homestar:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

The Rematch is on!

There's a real possibility that Gold-Silver-Bronze will be the same in both women & men hockey.

Go Canada!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PRC

Canada will have something to prove against the US... this is going to be a fantastic Gold medal game!  Congrats to the Slovaks for their best ever finish in the Olympics... they will play for a medal tomorrow and I think they can take the Finns.

BuddhaRhubarb

Heart attack finish. Slovaks are the new NJ Devils. ugly but good. Bronze is a good medal for that style.
:p

BuddhaRhubarb

Oh BTW, Own The Podium? :yes: Who has the most gold medals? Who was Best more times than any other country?

:Canuck: That's who.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Syt on February 27, 2010, 12:12:42 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on February 27, 2010, 12:07:08 AM
Oh BTW, Own The Podium? :yes: Who has the most gold medals? Who was Best more times than any other country?

:Canuck: That's who.

http://olympia.ard.de/olympia/ergebnisse/medaillenspiegel/ewigermedaillenspiegel/index.html

Oh snap. The slogan is only from these olympics. The past is just that. irrelevant like the Russians in Hockey, now.

Syt

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on February 27, 2010, 12:22:08 AM
The past is just that. irrelevant like the Russians in Hockey, now.

Well, unless Tikhonov gets free reign and dictatorial powers again to rebuild the team I don't see that changing anytime soon.
—Stephen Jay Gould

BuddhaRhubarb

Too much Oligarchy not enough Despotism... They are in Maple Leaf Territory but with Gangsters and KGB, instead of dull witted lawyers.

katmai

It's so cute when Canadians Try to be smug. Still 13 medals behind USA.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son