News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Olympic Excitement

Started by Jacob, February 05, 2010, 02:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Berkut

Reading the CNN live blog is pretty amusing.

Quote3:34 PM -- The first goal was on Kiprusoff, but since then the Finnish defense have hung their goalies out to dry. Finns just got their first shot in more than 12 minutes. Not much of a test for Miller.

3:33 PM -- The Finns haven't even sniffed the American end in the last five minutes.

3:31 PM -- This isn't a typo. Two goals in 15 seconds. Zach Parise wins a battle down low, sends it to Jamie Langenbrunner who gives it to Paul Stastny. He goes high glove for the unconverted touchdown. We're just 13 minutes into the first, guys. The Finns have completely rolled over. Unbelievable.

3:29 PM -- GOAL, TEAM USA! Second goal in 15 seconds, this one by Paul Stastny.

TEAM USA 6, FINLAND 0 (12:46)

3:28 PM -- GOAL, TEAM USA! Patrick Kane takes a stretch pass from Brian Rafalski, sends a simple wrister from the right face-off dot under Backstrom's elbow. .

TEAM USA 5, FINLAND 0 (12:31)

3:27 PM -- Kipper heads right to the locker room. He's not hurt...he just knows that he's cost his team a chance at the gold. What a massive mental meltdown from a veteran netminder. This game is just about management now for the Americans. Keep the foot on the gas and don't allow the Finns to get up off the ground.

3:26 PM -- Patrick Kane fires a shot into Kiprusoff's midsection. Dustin Brown crowds the front of the net, the rebound comes right out front. Kane fires a backhander into an empty cage. Kipper pulls himself! What a stunner.

3:25 PM -- GOAL, TEAM USA! Patrick Kane. Holy $%^&!

TEAM USA 4, FINLAND 0 (10:08)

3:24 PM -- Finns call a time-out. Can't believe they're not putting Niklas Backstrom in. Kipper just doesn't have it today. Shades of Evgeni Nabokov against Canada
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Following Calgary, Kipper certainly has the ability to lay an egg out there on the ice every once in a while.  What makes him a great goalie is that he has the ability to bounce back for the next game - but that doesn't help the Finns.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Hey white people, what does it feel like to take a puck in the belly?

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 26, 2010, 04:29:56 PM
Hey white people, what does it feel like to take a puck in the belly?

Goalies have a pad covering the belly.  I've never played goalie (and haven't played full on hockey since the age of 12) so I don't know how much that'd hurt.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on February 26, 2010, 04:32:14 PM
Goalies have a pad covering the belly.  I've never played goalie (and haven't played full on hockey since the age of 12) so I don't know how much that'd hurt.
I asked because a US position player took a Finnish shot in the gut.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 26, 2010, 04:35:29 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 26, 2010, 04:32:14 PM
I asked because a US position player took a Finnish shot in the gut.

Ah.  Not watching the game so I thought you were talking about the mention of a shot to Kipper's midsection in Berkut's posted live blog.

I imagine it'd hurt like hell for a bit.

That being said they actually try to go out there and block shots, often taking them in the gut, on the shins, etc.

Grey Fox

It hurts. The puck is a frozen blob.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Ya know even if we did piss off wake up Canada and lose we end up with Silver medal, better than I was expecting when the tourney kicked off
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Did everyone see the outrage over the Canadian women celebrating on the ice last night?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10628735

citizen k

Quote from: sbr on February 26, 2010, 06:30:27 PM
Did everyone see the outrage over the Canadian women celebrating on the ice last night?

Totally inappropriate.

Jacob

The outrage is totally inappropriate, I agree.

When you win a hockey game you have some beer and a smoke.  You damn well earned it.  The IOC can go fuck itself.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on February 26, 2010, 06:30:27 PM

Check out the oddball sport Kiwis follow.

I don't get the outrage either, but what are the advantages of slugging down a 2-4 on a frozen surface?

Solmyr

Finns played like shit. USA totally deserved the victory.